Those darn Republicans

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Those darn Republicans

Postby lukpac » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 am

This is too good (bad?) to not share:

12 Days Of Christmas - Election 2008 Edition

Lyrics -

On the twelfth day of Christmas, the liberals gave to me:

* Twelve senators failing (12 Democrats up for re-election in 2008)
* Eleven percent approval (Lowest rating ever)
* Ten paychecks burning (Because of Democrat record tax hike)
* Ninety thousand freezing (Amount of money found in Rep. William Jefferson's (D-La.) freezer)
* No more secret ballots (Big Labor payback for union bosses)
* $700 billion in new spending (Paid for with the largest tax hike in history)
* Six troop funding cuts (Playing political theater with the safety and security of our nation and our troops)
* Hillary's Woodstock Museum! (What better way to spend a million dollars?)
* Four bucks a gallon (Not a single energy bill passed to help lower gas prices)
* Al Franken ranting (Angry Hollywood liberal)
* Two liberal Udalls (Mark in Colorado and Tom in New Mexico)
* And a tax hike for every family! (Thanks Democrats)

If you thought our singing was bad . . .
Just wait until the Democrats get their hands on your paycheck next year.

Even ignoring the fact that he doesn't seem to correspond with "3" in any way, Al Franken seems like an odd choice. He hasn't had his radio show for a long time, and I don't really see how you could label him "Hollywood". He grew up in Minnesota and SNL is obviously from New York.

Of course, the list seems to be what bad, evil things "the liberals" will bring, yet it seems to imply that 12 Dems will lose in the election. Huh? The liberals gave 12 Democrats losing?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

David R. Modny

Postby David R. Modny » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:01 pm

The ironic part, as duly noted in the YouTube comments section, is that the recruited kids doing the singing probably don't even know what the definition of "liberal"--be it economic or social--is.

And...after spending a few days sifting through the conservative blogosphere, I'm not sure many of the adults do either. What a desperate and mean lot - completely divorced from fact and reality.

While I may (make that definitely) not agree with them, I'll still probably hold court with an old-school, Buckley conservative. This modern neocon movement is so mean-spirited that they're not even worth dignifying. Never mind that they're not even the slightest bit funny.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Does running around shouting about tax increases really work in the 21st century?

And how exactly would "passing an energy bill" "help lower gas prices?" Can Congress pass a bill to create vast new oil reserves in Idaho?

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney