American Idiot of the Day

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

American Idiot of the Day

Postby Rspaight » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:16 pm

From http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/06/fa.cri ... index.html

Cristian Crespo of Valley Village, California, said he found it ridiculous that automakers hadn't yet come up with a way to combine fuel efficiency with luxury provided by a SUV.

"It's not that Americans don't want to be environmentally friendly, it's just that we don't have much of a choice," he wrote. "As an SUV driver, telling me that my only alternative is a Toyota Prius or a Honda Civic is like telling me to eat beef jerky when I'm used to filet mignon."

Poor baby. He has NO CHOICE but to drive an SUV.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:18 pm

Ryan, why do you hate America?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:57 pm

I don't hate America. America hates me.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:26 am

Much as one of the advantages of sickle-cell anemia is increased resistance to malaria, one of the advantages of the condition known as obstinate homosexuality is a pathological inability to understand why the fuck the rest of the world (crazy soccer moms included) is so incredibly, psychotically obsessed with cars.

I'd drive something shaped like a foot and painted phosphorescent lime green if it played CDs and got 70 miles to the gallon.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:46 am

Speak for yourself. I know plenty of car-obsessed homos.

Ryan

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:06 pm

I mean outside of being able to fuck the tailpipe. Way to catch me on a minor technicality.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:50 pm

That, combined with your hypothetical green foot-shaped vehicle, is pretty disturbing.

Ryan