"9/11 was the fault of the Clinton Administration"

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

"9/11 was the fault of the Clinton Administration"

Postby lukpac » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:18 pm

Stumbled across this via Google News:

Polls Looking Up For Bush/Republicans
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:46 pm

Don't be silly. It was all Warren Harding's fault.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:57 pm

I blame Carter. Damn peanut farmer.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:52 am

I blame God. Fuck Him.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

MK

Postby MK » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:02 pm

I blame Bush the elder. And Barbara. Goddammit, why couldn't you horny bastards keep yer knickers on?
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

MK

Postby MK » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:25 am

"This is NOT a documentary........but it was Clinton's fault."

New ABC Docudrama Blames Clinton For 9/11, Praises Bush

Path to 9/11 graphic On September 10 and 11, ABC will air a “docudrama” called “The Path to 9/11.” It was written by Cyrus Nowrasteh, who describes himself as “more of a libertarian than a strict conservative,” and is giving interviews to hard-right sites like FrontPageMag to promote the film.

What will it say about President Clinton? Here’s Rush Limbaugh with a preview:

A friend of mine [Cyrus Nowrasteh] out in California has produced and filmed — I think it’s a two-part mini-series on 9/11 that ABC is going to run in prime-time over two nights, close to or on 9/11. It’s sort of surprising that ABC’s picked it up, to me. I’ve had a lot of people tell me about it, my friends told me about it…And from what I have been told, the film really zeros in on the shortcomings of the Clinton administration in doing anything about militant Islamofascism or terrorism during its administration. It cites failures of Bill Clinton and Madeleine Albright and Sandy Burglar.

How does it deal with President Bush? Salon has a review:

Condoleezza Rice gets that fated memo about planes flying into buildings, and makes it very clear to anyone who’ll listen just how concerned President Bush is about these terrorist threats — despite the fact that we’re given little concrete evidence of the president’s concern or interest in taking action. Maybe my memory fails me, but the only person I remember talking about Osama bin Laden back in 1998 was President Clinton, while the current anti-terrorist stalwarts worked the country into a frenzy over what? Blow jobs. In the end, “The Path to 9/11″ feels like an excruciatingly long, winding and deceptive path, indeed.

The director of the film, David Cunningham, is already backtracking about its accuracy, saying “this is not a documentary.” OK, fair enough. But the movie is being billed as “based on The 9/11 Commission Report.”

Digg It!
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:36 am

Sandy Burglar! Oh, my aching sides!

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

MK

Postby MK » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:50 pm

He's not Michael Medved:

wikipedia.org wrote:Another common theme of Medved's political and cultural commentary is the labeling of certain social or political forces, political candidates, and movies with insulting nicknames. Examples of these nicknames include:

* Wesley Clark as "Weaselly" Clark
* John Edwards as John "Shyster"
* Libertarian Party as the "Losertarians"
* Constitution Party the "Constipation Party"
* Green Party the "Spleen Party"
* "turd parties," in reference to all third parties in general
* "Alexander the Gay," in reference to the 2004 motion picture Alexander.
* Hollywood as "Hollyweird"

Man, I can't understand how Mike Judge, Matt Groening, Matt Stone and Trey Parker can dismiss Medved's criticism, 'cause he's obviously a comedic genius.

CitizenDan

Postby CitizenDan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:37 am

"Hollyweird"! Hey, that's a new one!

Wait, it isn't 1986?
We were right about Vietnam. We were right about Nixon. We were right about Reaganomics. Trust us -- we're right about Bush, too.