Bush on CSPAN

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Chris M

Bush on CSPAN

Postby Chris M » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:54 am

http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/200 ... #more-8823

Very disturbing. What an incredible assclown.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:01 pm

President Asshole.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:43 pm

I haven't been following the right lately, have they blamed Clinton's policy yet for North Korea yet? :roll:
Craig

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am

Constantly.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:09 pm

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:30 pm

That honestly seemed more like a reaction of surprise rather than disgust, but the whole thing did seem slightly odd.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

MK

Postby MK » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:45 pm

Dammit, that would've been a perfect time to punch him in the nads. "Sorry there junior, I mistook you for a perv."
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

There's a guy in my office who goes around grabbing people (of both sexes) exactly like that. I hate it beyond words.

Ryan

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:38 am

Re: The groping/grabbing incident.

Was that sexual molestation?

The photo and video was of course omnipresent in German media as well, mostly with a ironic undertone, implying that Bush doesn't know how to behave, has bad manners, and makes himself ridiculous. (sidenote: Bush is rather unpopular in Germany...you might have guessed that.) It was never a political issue, and Merkel (wisely) did not comment at all officially.

But nobody here would have ever connected that incident with a sexual assault.

How do you see it? How do other Americans see it? Did you hear about comments that accused Bush of a sexual assault? Is feminism that extreme in the US?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:56 am

Sexual assault seems like a stretch, to put it mildly.

I think it's merely a manifestation of Bush's incredibly arrogant sense of entitlement. The way he refers to everyone by inane nicknames ("Pootie-Poot"?), the way he rubs bald men's heads, the way he cleans his glasses on other peoples' clothing, that sort of thing.

However, men in positions of authority (who aren't as powerful as Bush) are well-advised in the US not to get grabby with female underlings (Bush treating Merkel as an underling is telling in itself). Most of the time they get away with it, but it can be a way to get yourself sued.

Ryan

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:34 am

Rspaight wrote:Sexual assault seems like a stretch, to put it mildly.

I found it absurd, but you also say that one could get sued for that.

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:24 pm

Americans generally wouldn't call an unwanted backrub sexual assault. They might call it sexual harassment.