Mallard Fillmore

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Bennett Cerf

Mallard Fillmore

Postby Bennett Cerf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:03 pm

Can anyone explain to me why I continue to read this shit every morning?

Tom Coburn is, of course, the genius who said: "The gay community has infiltrated the very centers of power in every area across this country, and they wield extreme power... That agenda is the greatest threat to our freedom that we face today. Why do you think we see the rationalization for abortion and multiple sexual partners? That's a gay agenda."

He also believes abortionists should be executed.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: Mallard Fillmore

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:09 pm

Bennett Cerf wrote:Can anyone explain to me why I continue to read this shit every morning?

To have posting fodder for FLO?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:13 pm

I sure hope that was printed on the Op-Ed page.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:03 pm

Ah, yes, the "conservative comic strip." Ho ho ho.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how abortion is part of a "gay agenda."

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:12 pm

Ugg.

"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Is it supposed to be funny?

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:21 pm

All of last week was devoted to the supposedly endless coverage of the Cheney shooting. Of course, people had pretty much stopped talking about it by the time the strips were published, my avatar notwithstanding.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:20 pm

Oh, my aching sides.

Interesting neverland that guy lives in, where the Vice President shooting a man in the face isn't legitimate news.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:25 pm

Rspaight wrote:Interesting neverland that guy lives in, where the Vice President shooting a man in the face isn't legitimate news.

The key being "Vice President". I doubt coverage would be much different if a Dem VP had done the same thing. It's sensational, exactly what the press likes.

And he's the one making fun of the perpetually offended...

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:36 pm

Rspaight wrote:Interesting neverland that guy lives in, where the Vice President shooting a man in the face isn't legitimate news.

Face it. The liberal media pay way too much attention to the vice president shooting a man in the face and not nearly enough attention to the "maverick conservative" freshman senator from Oklahoma.

MK

Postby MK » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:01 pm

Man, remember when comic strips were actually funny?
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:30 pm

Does Berke Breathed get royalties for the lead character's striking resemblance to Opus? I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

And, no, it's been such a long time that I honestly can't remember when comic strips were actually funny.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:36 pm

I'd like to know why his head changes from black to white.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:37 pm

lukpac wrote:I'd like to know why his head changes from black to white.

He's green here and here.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:57 pm

Patrick M wrote:He's green here and here.

Hmm.