Coulter: "insanity" is my middle name

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:53 pm

Rspaight wrote:It's not too surprising they should get along so well, since they're both big fans of racial profiling.

Ryan

Again, I don't always agree with Maher, and that's one major area where I think he's pretty off. If you have an established policy of profiling, there's suddenly great value in recruiting people who don't fit the profile. If people are looking for Arab men, all you need is one dumb, easily-influenced, pretty white girl to carry a bomb for you to severely fuck shit up.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:52 am

Ha ha! Poison! That's a good one!

Poison Justice Stevens, Coulter jokes

Friday, January 27, 2006; Posted: 12:09 p.m. EST (17:09 GMT)

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Conservative commentator Ann Coulter, speaking at a traditionally black college, joked that Justice John Paul Stevens should be poisoned.

Coulter had told the Philander Smith College audience Thursday that more conservative justices were needed on the Supreme Court to change the current law on abortion.

Stevens is one of the court's most liberal members.

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said. "That's just a joke, for you in the media."

Coulter has made a career of writing and lecturing on her strongly conservative views.

At one point during her address, which was part of a lecture series, some audience members booed when she cut off two questioners. "I'm not going to be lectured to," Coulter told one man in a raised voice.

She drew more boos when she said the crack cocaine problem "has pretty much gone away."
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

MK

Postby MK » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:20 pm

Let's kill Senator [censored]. Just kidding! Haha! Hey, let's set Hinckley loose in the White House. Zing! This is brilliant comedy! Give that woman a Kennedy Center Honor!
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:22 pm

She's back at it. Somehow by attacking victims she *becomes* the victim:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606090007

COULTER: Yes. Well, there are a lot more attacks on one side than the other. And if you're describing what I say about the Jersey Girls as reducing dialogue in America, au contraire. I think it is precisely the opposite. That is my objection to what liberals are doing by sending out victims as their spokespeople. I think it's the ugliest thing liberals have done to dialogue in this country.

Yeah, there are important issues and we should discuss it. But if you have a point to make, send out somebody who isn't a widow, who isn't an orphan, who didn't have a son die in Iraq, who didn't lose limbs in Vietnam to make the point so that we can respond, because I don't want to hear when I respond, "Oh, that's mean. Oh, that's mean." No, let's have a dialogue about the issues. You never see conservatives doing that. Liberals are putting up human shields.

Can anyone explain how this is a "dialogue about the issues":

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606060006

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, revelling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' death so much."
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:09 pm

That is my objection to what liberals are doing by sending out victims as their spokespeople.

As opposed to sending out raving lunatics as their spokespeople, like the right does.

I don't want to hear when I respond, "Oh, that's mean. Oh, that's mean." No, let's have a dialogue about the issues.

That's especially rich coming from someone who responds to disagreement by screeching "TRAITOR! TRAITOR!"

In case it isn't obvious, Ann Coulter's sole function is to spout sentiments that are so noxious, no one outside of the far loony right will actually agree with them. Instead, they ignite a firestorm of controversy that dominates the media. Then, people who are merely right wing can say "I don't agree with Ann Coulter" and look like centrists. By doing this, the right becomes the center and the center becomes the left and the left becomes the loony left. The whole political spectrum is shifted to the right, to where a solid conservative like McCain somehow becomes a "moderate" and a centrist like Kerry or Clinton (or Dean, for crying out loud) becomes a "liberal."

Meanwhile, Coulter laughs all the way to the bank. It's a sweet deal for everyone.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:06 pm

Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:46 am

http://mediamatters.org/items/200606300008

COLMES: You know, Ann, I've been wrong about you.

HANNITY: Finally, he admits it.

COLMES: I, I, -- I've been set straight by Megan Daum of the L.A. Times, by Lee Salem with the Universal Press Syndicate, who defends you, who says this is just trenchant satire and that I have you all wrong. This is just brilliant satire.

The things you say, the things you write, when you say Tim McVeigh should have bombed the Times building, we should carpet-bomb them to convert them to Christianity, when fragging is why we invented John Murtha, I should be laughing at this.

COULTER: No, you got that backwards.

COLMES: This is -- these are all jokes. These are laughable, happy satire.

COULTER: But I like that.

COLMES: Right?

COULTER: I like that, that fragging is why we invented John Murtha. That is a good one.

COLMES: Oh, you like that? You see, I'm even going to give you material now, because I realize this is all comedic satire and that you're actually a liberal who's doing this to mock and parody the way conservatives think.

COULTER: Well, it's not working very well if -- if that were my goal.

COLMES: I think that's --

COULTER: No, I think the Timothy McVeigh line was merely prescient after The New York Times has leapt beyond -- beyond nonsense straight into treason, last week.

COLMES: Oh, so, so there you go again, once again reaffirming that we should bomb The New York Times.

Isn't that -- Kirsten [Powers, Democratic strategist], you've got to admit --

COULTER: Prescient.

COLMES: -- this is great humor. This belongs on Saturday Night Live. It belongs on The Daily Show.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:16 am

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:29 pm

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:43 pm

http://mediamatters.org/items/200608250012

The second part of that clip--the Hannity and Colmes clip--is really fucking strange.
-------------

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:09 am

Republicans: We're doing something illegal and highly immoral.
Democrats: You can't do that, it's illegal and highly immoral.
Ann Coulter: Democrats have no plan! They just say no to the Republicans! Get with it!

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:39 am

Christ, how bad are things when Joe Scarborough is the voice of reason?

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:49 pm

Hey, now...Joe's not that bad.
-------------