Coulter: "insanity" is my middle name

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Coulter: "insanity" is my middle name

Postby lukpac » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:55 pm

I was originally going to point out the most recent Media Matters piece, but instead I got sidetracked and found this:

In the Iraq war so far, the U.S. military has deposed a dictator who had already used weapons of mass destruction and would have used them again. As we now know, Saddam Hussein was working with al-Qaida and was trying to acquire long-range missiles from North Korea and enriched uranium from Niger.

"If I say it enough it must be true. If I say it enough it must be true."

I guess Ann is busy defending McCarthy these days.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Re: Coulter: "insanity" is my middle name

Postby Xenu » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:12 pm

That's...bizarre even for her. Buh?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:02 pm

My theory is that she doesn't really exist as a human being -- she's nothing more or less than the physical manifestation of the collective id of the loony right. And right now, most of that psychic energy is consumed with cognitive dissonance about the reasons for the war. So it's hardly surprising that nothing she says makes any sort of objective sense.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

CitizenDan

Postby CitizenDan » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:52 pm

The funniest thing about her is how some righties like to portray her as some great mixture of brains and beauty. Not only is Coulter a deranged fool, but she's got a face like 40 miles of bad road. I wouldn't fuck her with Barbara Bush's dick.
We were right about Vietnam. We were right about Nixon. We were right about Reaganomics. Trust us -- we're right about Bush, too.

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:04 pm

CitizenDan wrote:The funniest thing about her is how some righties like to portray her as some great mixture of brains and beauty. Not only is Coulter a deranged fool, but she's got a face like 40 miles of bad road. I wouldn't fuck her with Barbara Bush's dick.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Jeffrey Ross!

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:10 pm

She's pure shock value. I don't think she honestly believes half the shit that comes out of her mouth. But she's learned along the way that this stuff sells, appealing to same folks who treat every syllable of Rush's as pure gospel. Plus, it keeps her in the spotlight and helps her sell books, which is all she really wants anyway. History will flush her down the toilet, where she belongs.

And yes...she's one fugly beast.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:36 pm

I have to believe that posting is a joke or is, at the very least, designed to incite controversy/get her press. She's not that far out of the loop to know how, uh, "iffy" the Niger claim is.
-------------

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:17 pm

She knows. She also knows that she'll sell lots of books if she defends it.

Coulter cares nothing for truth, just publicity. She makes Michael Moore look like Socrates.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:18 pm

I also believe that at one time she was linked with Bob Guccione Jr - though now they're splitsville. So, how much of her own rightie muck can she honestly believe if she'd even be caught within 500 yards of him? It's all a big game for her.

Yet, the mere thought of the face of a child they could produce together simply sends chills down my spine...Conan should do a mock-up of that.

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:58 pm

CitizenDan wrote:The funniest thing about her is how some righties like to portray her as some great mixture of brains and beauty.

That's because, after Angie Harmon and Elisabeth Hasselback, pickins' are pretty slim over there on the right.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:18 pm

Rspaight wrote:She knows. She also knows that she'll sell lots of books if she defends it.

Coulter cares nothing for truth, just publicity. She makes Michael Moore look like Socrates.

It's funny. Bill Maher (a guy I don't always agree with, but one I generally respect) is very publically friends with Ann Coulter. After my curiosity got the better of me one day, I tracked down an article where he emphasizes exactly why this is the case. Turns out that he respects Ann because she always means what she says.

I thought that very interesting, given my assumption was that the opposite was true. I thought it was all an act, albeit not a "I'm really a very reasonable, rational person otherwise" sort, but more of a "this is what I do really well" sort. I posted an article here a while back from a particularly awful University of Chicago student who's attempting to take the same path. It isn't a personality; it's an affectation.
-------------

CitizenDan

Postby CitizenDan » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:30 am

dudelsack wrote:
CitizenDan wrote:The funniest thing about her is how some righties like to portray her as some great mixture of brains and beauty. Not only is Coulter a deranged fool, but she's got a face like 40 miles of bad road. I wouldn't fuck her with Barbara Bush's dick.

Did I steal one of his funnies? I didn't even know who he was until I read this and Googled his name with Coulter. Sorry to pilfer your bon mots, Mr. Ross.
We were right about Vietnam. We were right about Nixon. We were right about Reaganomics. Trust us -- we're right about Bush, too.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:52 pm

Xenu wrote:
After my curiosity got the better of me one day, I tracked down an article where he emphasizes exactly why this is the case. Turns out that he respects Ann because she always means what she says.

Bill Maher has the brain of a turnip sometimes. He always comes off a as a bit loathsome to me, in interviews, and his onscreen persona doesn't exactly entice me either. And *he* has a face like 40 miles of road that's been through a decade of snowstorms and salt trucks.

A stone racist will usually *mean what he says* too. So will a complete ignoramus. What a stupid reason to 'respect' someone. How about 'they always mean what they say, and what they say is always well-reasoned'?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:41 pm

It's not too surprising they should get along so well, since they're both big fans of racial profiling.

Ryan

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:38 pm

CitizenDan wrote:
dudelsack wrote:

Did I steal one of his funnies? I didn't even know who he was until I read this and Googled his name with Coulter. Sorry to pilfer your bon mots, Mr. Ross.

He's the origin of the "I wouldn't fuck Sandra Bernhard with Bea Arthur's dick" joke, as I'm sure you found out. Possibly my favorite ugly-mean one liner ever.