100 People Who Are Screwing Up America

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:19 pm

Unless what? Unless she isn't?

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:42 pm

John Podhoretz is loathsome right-wing scum. He used to write op-ed for the New York Post... for all I know, still does. Son of the equally loathsome Norman. And Jonah Goldberg is the spawn of the hideous Lucianne-thing. The acorns didn't even fall from the tree in these two cases. They just stayed attached and lived off the poisonous sap.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:28 pm

This cover isn't nearly as entertaining. Where are the pictures of Barbra Streisand, Jane Fonda and — most importantly — Hillary Clinton?

Edited by Ben "Makin' Copies" Domenech, by the way...

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:40 pm

I just saw Ponnuru on Politically Cor...err, Real Time. He seemed remarkably reasonable...I'm sort of disappointed that he's connected to a book with such a bent (unless it turns out to be a polemic about rave culture).

He also had the voice of a twelve-year-old, not that that has anything to do with anything.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Heh. Yeah, I heard him on the radio recently and had the same thought. He sounded like Peter Brady.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 am

Believe it or not, it appears that the title has been toned down slightly from the original "The Party of Death: The Democrats, the Media, the Courts, and the Disregard for Human Life," not that you're likely to make out that title in this tiny pic:

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:53 pm

Democrats: The Party of Death. Nice.

And the right has a conniption about Al Franken and Michael Moore's "attacks."

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:59 pm

Rspaight wrote:And the right has a conniption about Al Franken and Michael Moore's "attacks."

Don't forget Media Matters.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:15 pm

The latest in wingnut publishing:

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:32 pm

So...

Saying "America" was responsible for 9/11 - BAD.

Saying "the cultural left" was responsible for 9/11 - GOOD.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:22 pm

Terrorists don't kill people, terrorist-enabling liberals kill people.

Al Qaeda is just a helpless pawn in Ted Kennedy's master plan.

Ryan

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:58 am

Dinesh D'Souza has been yapping out of his bunghole since he was a College Republican at Dartmouth in the early 80s. Fucker sold his soul to the devil long ago. And he has the nerve to blame atheism for mass murder

http://richarddawkins.net/article,337,A ... ce-Monitor

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:53 am

update: D'Souza's new book was lambasted yesterday in the strongest terms, in a full-page Sunday NY Times Book review.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:47 am

D'Souza read that review in his 8,000 square-foot home with leopard-print carpet and laughed with his pleather-clad wife.

http://www.sdreader.com/php/cover.php?m ... d=20050414

Since Dartmouth, the conservative fray has been quite remunerative for D'Souza. Six years ago, he and his wife bought their home in Fairbanks Ranch. The nearly 8000-square-foot house has six bedrooms, seven and a half baths, and a four-car garage, where they keep their maroon 1992 Jaguar XJS. A circular drive fronts the French country stone house. The cathedral-like front room, with its full-length mirrors and tapestries, has an 18th-century French decor of (veneered) golden maple burl furniture. The slick floors echo like a museum as one walks through. In his office, there's wall-to-wall leopard-print carpet; floor-to-ceiling bookcases are stocked with titles in history, politics, and philosophy. The view out back features a bright blue pool and the arboretum-like landscape.

Today, at his desk, D'Souza is comfortably dressed in preppy garb. Plain shirt (with the polo player insignia), plain pants, tasseled loafers. At one point, his wife Dixie breezes in. She is blonde, petite, California-tanned, and effervescent about her husband. She's wearing a stylish pink plastic-leather rain jacket. We exchange pleasantries, and she's gone before I can respond to her evident delight in marriage.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:26 am

At least he has good taste. He sounds like a regular Navin R. Johnson.