100 People Who Are Screwing Up America

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Patrick M

100 People Who Are Screwing Up America

Postby Patrick M » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:14 pm

I saw this at Border's last night. Love the cover:

Amazon link
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:35 pm

Ha. Ha.

Byrd and Kennedy are senators of the minority party in the Senate.

Dean doesn't hold any elected office or have any real power.

Sharpton is a clown who couldn't get elected dogcatcher.

Moore is a filmmaker.

Franken is a comedian.

Streisand and Eminem are pop singers.

Exactly how are they in a position to "screw up America" compared to Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rummy, Condi, DeLay, Hastert, Frist, Scalia, Thomas, Murdoch and Norquist?

Memo to the right: you can't simultaneously control the media and all three branches of government and still whine about how "screwed up" the country is. If it's "screwed up," it's your problem because you're running it. The whole "crying victim of the elite" thing worked for you when you were out of power, but now you are the elite.

Sorry about that. Really.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:19 pm

Rspaight wrote:Exactly how are they in a position to "screw up America" compared to Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rummy, Condi, DeLay, Hastert, Frist, Scalia, Thomas, Murdoch and Norquist?

It's all about values (aka "valyas").

Ryan, isn't your birthday coming up soon? Hmmm.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:49 pm

Video of Jon Stewart's interview with author Bernard Goldberg:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/07/13.html#a3919

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:30 am

I find this cover even more amusing:

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 pm

I'm impressed that the right manages to whine (and sell books whining about) an election that they *won*.

Their whole ideology is built on petulance.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:05 pm

Jeez, does York have bartcop.com on the cover (behind his last name)? What a sick joke. If he's got to pull in Bartcop to pad out his list, he's really desperate. That site is so embarrassingly amateur, the only conspiracy it's a part of is the conspiracy against intelligence and non-vomit-inducing web design. That place is on the same level with some nut sticking crudely mimeographed tracts under your windshield wiper.

And Stephen King? WTF? I must have missed the memo about King being a dangerous subversive.

Ryan

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:59 pm

Exactly how are they in a position to "screw up America"

It's the left-wingers like Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Kennedy that make a moderate like me want to run the other direction.
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:03 pm

balthazar wrote:It's the left-wingers like Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Kennedy that make a moderate like me want to run the other direction.

Umm...why?

Why don't Bush, DeLay, Ailes, etc make you do the same thing in the other direction?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:21 pm

balthazar wrote:It's the left-wingers like Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Kennedy that make a moderate like me want to run the other direction.

My question isn't if you find them repugnant or not. My question was exactly what power they have to "screw up" the country. Clinton may yet run for president, so she may yet be in a position to do some damage, but today the Democrats couldn't pass anything in the Senate if they wanted to. Moore? He makes movies, not policy. Kennedy? He's a relic in the minority party.

In what way are they "screwing up" America, when they have no ability to implement their agendas?

Ryan
Last edited by Rspaight on Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:27 pm

balthazar wrote:
Exactly how are they in a position to "screw up America"

It's the left-wingers like Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Kennedy that make a moderate like me want to run the other direction.

How 'left wing' is Hillary Clinton these days? Sheesh.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:35 pm

I heard she got bashed by Cindy Sheehan for voting for the war.

She's not a lefty any more than her husband was/is, just a convenient target for right-wing bile.

Ryan

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:08 pm

Rspaight wrote:And Stephen King? WTF? I must have missed the memo about King being a dangerous subversive.

I believe that's actually Stephen Bing, who gave several million dollars to Democrats last year. He's better known for fathering a child with Elizabeth Hurley.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:09 pm

Ah, got it. Thanks.

Ryan

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:08 pm

Umm...why?

Why don't Bush, DeLay, Ailes, etc make you do the same thing in the other direction?

Some of them do. Which is why I'm right in the middle. Stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice