Sigh. Kentucky distinguishes itself again.

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Sigh. Kentucky distinguishes itself again.

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:55 am

RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

dcooper

Postby dcooper » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:00 pm

Do you think these bumper stickers were self-made or is someone actually marketing these gingoistic slogans to racists everywhere?

Why does the rest of the world hate us again?
Dan

The language and concepts contained herein are
guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the
place where the guy with the horns and pointed
stick conducts his business. - FZ

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:36 pm

As cheezy as they look, I would bet that these are "professionally" made and sold at retail to rednecks throughout the country.

I'll never forget the sight I encountered in an innocuous-looking tourist trap in central Arkansas. There was a huge display of bumper stickers with some of the most disturbing race-baiting slogans I've ever seen. I can't remember any of them off the top of my head--I've done a good job of putting it out of my mind.

Anywhere you find hillbillies with pickup trucks, you'll find this kind of racist nonsense.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:46 pm

I thought maybe this was a creation of some sort, but the location of the shadows seems to be correct.

Idiots.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

RDK

Postby RDK » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:32 pm

You ever wanna see the cesspool of humanity, check out any of the Yahoo forums accompanying any news story. Any story - doesn't matter - it will inevitably contain the dumbest, most racist and offensive comments you're bound to hear regarding any issue. What's almost funnier/more pathetic are those who try to be serious and reply to the trolls and obvious idiots... :roll:
ray

chrischross

Postby chrischross » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:46 pm

The northern part of my county is known as "Clarktucky County" in Washington State, and I've seen similar bumper stickers up there.

dcooper

Postby dcooper » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:20 pm

A friend of mine saw a bumper sticker in Mississippi that said "If we'd known it was going to be some much trouble, we'd have just picked the cotton ourselves"
Dan

The language and concepts contained herein are

guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the

place where the guy with the horns and pointed

stick conducts his business. - FZ

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:46 am

I think the hippie they show is one of the guys from the Freedom Rock ad.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney