Obama-isms

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
dcooper

Obama-isms

Postby dcooper » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:54 pm

Here's a recent quote by the new junior senator from Illinois, Barack Obama:

People from his father's native Kenya were excited over his election, he said, thinking that would mean the building of billions of dollars in new roads, bridges, hospitals, and schools in their country.

"So I've tried to explain how it works these days," he said. "First comes the invasion, and then billions in aid."

and then there's this one:

Referring to the Democratic National Convention speech that rocketed him to national celebrity, he recalled that he had said that "we coach Little League in the blue states and we have some gay friends in the red states.

"Well, here's an update. Since the election, that gay couple I knew in the red states? They've moved back to the blue states."

This guy is great.

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:15 pm

Agreed. Obama has a tremendous amount of potential and I'm proud to say I voted for him.

chrischross

Postby chrischross » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:59 am

Ess Ay Cee Dee wrote:Agreed. Obama has a tremendous amount of potential and I'm proud to say I voted for him.

Lucky bum -- the guy is a rock star.

The farm team of Obama and Spitzer look pretty formidable in about 8-12 years or so.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:55 am

Why wait that long? Tell Hillary to give it up, and let these two take the reins. Otherwise we might have another four years of Bush (Jeb).
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Bennett Cerf

Re: Obama-isms

Postby Bennett Cerf » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:04 pm

bump