Sore winners

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Sore winners

Postby Rspaight » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:44 pm

Teacher finds anti-Bush stickers get tires slashed

November 9, 2004

Political tempers are running hot even after the election. On Saturday, Gary Jimenez discovered two tires slashed on his Volvo station wagon with its four anti-Bush bumper stickers. Lest he miss the point, the vandals left a note on the windshield that said: "We voted . . . Now you can either move to another country (maybe France, Germany, Iran or Pakistan will take you) or stop your whiney belly aching. This country was founded by righteous God-fearing men of integrity like George W. Bush. Now, take off these bumper stickers. We don't want to see them again."

Jimenez's immediate reaction was to add two more pro-Kerry stickers, including: "Let's Kerry Bush out of the White House."

Jimenez, a Clairemont High School teacher, had anticipated some reaction but was disappointed that it went so far.

"Free speech is an important value in America," he said. "I was trying to make people think. I wouldn't attack someone's car over their bumper stickers."

After all, he says, it's democracy for which several of his former students are fighting in Iraq. Yesterday, he learned that one was seriously injured when his vehicle ran over a land mine.

Nevertheless, Jimenez remains philosophical. "If I have to pay $200 or $300 to replace my tires, I just consider it part of my campaign contribution." And, yes, eventually he will remove the stickers.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney