NPR Stupidity - Juan Williams is a hack

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Kjoerup

Postby Kjoerup » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:14 am

In 2008 the Republican president and Republican Congress will not be able to blame anyone else for the shit situation we're in... they will have been in power long enough that they have to take responsibility for it.

Don't worry. Pundits and right wing talk radio windbags will continue to blame everything on CLINTON and the LIBERAL MEDIA. The more likely scenario in 2008 is this: the idiotic oafs in the 52% "I voted for Bush" category will eat it up and simply vote for fucking Jeb Bush for prez.

Look, this election proved that at least 52% of the voting public are fucking morons. There's no polite way to say it; absolutely no way to sugarcoat it. MORONS in possession of dangerous, barbaric, fascist, nihilistic, (*insert apropriate adjective here*) tendencies.

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:50 pm

Kjoerup wrote:Look, this election proved that at least 52% of the voting public are fucking morons. There's no polite way to say it; absolutely no way to sugarcoat it. MORONS in possession of dangerous, barbaric, fascist, nihilistic, (*insert apropriate adjective here*) tendencies.

Yeah, but a good 3 or 4 percent of them are at least *pliable* morons (all the folks who voted for Gore or Nader last time but voted for Bush this time) so there's hope they can be plied in the right direction. This election had nothing to do with issues, it had to do with manipulating the morons. The Republicans are more skilled at it, but hopefully the Dems will finally learn from this experience. And since Bush skews more towards oldies, I bet more Bush supporters than Democrats will die in the next four years. I agree we are fucked right now, but at some point (maybe fours years is too soon) it will change.