Official Election Night Thread

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:15 am

I hate to say it, but never underestimate the stupidity of the American public. I can't even fathom how anyone with a conscience can support this administration, but we're seeing first-hand that a majority of Americans are doing just that. 9/11 is the best thing that ever happened to this motherfucker and he's milking it for all it's worth.

Great, they've just officially placed Florida in the Bush column. I don't think that even an Ohio victory (which is unlikely anyway) would help Kerry at this point.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:17 am

If Kerry can take Ohio and can hold on to WI/MI/MN/IA, he should win. If he can't take Ohio, it's over.

It's up to Ohio.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:18 am

lukpac wrote:Karen Hughes trying to say they reached out to Democrats. Uh huh.

If you count a slap in the face as "reaching out."

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:27 am

If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:27 am

Bush Ohio lead back up to 150,000. I think COLA's right.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:33 am

CNN's tally at the bottom of the screen and the "big board" don't match. I'm hallucinating. Huge insects are eating my eyeballs. The carpet is making a move for my wine. Fuck.

Clooney lost for the KY house.

I am depressed.

Ryan

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:38 am

Did Osama's 9/11 master plan include anything that involved turning the majority of Americans into soulless pod people?

That's the only rational explanation I can think of.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:44 am

I really thought high turnout would do it for Kerry. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Still we're talking about 48 percent versus 51 percent. I'm way too impaired to construct a good argument right now, but a parliamentary system is sounding better and better. Why should such a small majority translate into total domination?

Ryan

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:51 am

I don't understand how the exit polls were so far off. In Ohio, they showed a Kerry win -- check it for yourself at the CNN site. They were much closer in Florida. Either they suck, or we've been Diebolded.

I hope they suck.

Ryan

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:53 am

Fox has called Ohio for Bush.

With that, I'm going to bed.

Ryan

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:55 am

Note to self: Increase absinthe intake over the next four years.

It's kicking in well and good right now. Green fairy liquid heroin. Really hits the spot.

Have to smuggle more of this stuff through customs, for certain.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:08 am

Everyone but CNN is calling Ohio as Bush's.
Craig

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:08 am

As soon as I finish off beer #6 (in, oh, about 3 minutes or so), I'll probably consider calling it a night. The pain in my head tomorrow from my rotgut-induced hangover won't be nearly as intense as the much deeper pain I'll be feeling as the result of this election.

Forget about the USA being respected ANYWHERE in the world for DECADES. Fuck it, I'm too depressed to keep this shit up.

I may be spending some time over the next few days checking out overseas jobs, if any overseas employers are still willing to hire an Ugly American.

It's either that or get a lobotomy and start obsessing over Beatles matrix numbers, Japanese target Cee Dees and obis.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:19 am

Here's what I think...

The Dems NEED to get out and show the nation that gays aren't bad. That being pro-choice doesn't mean being pro-death. I think if they just tiptoe around things like they did this year, they will lose more and more people.

There's still a glimmer of hope in OH with provisional ballots, but I don't think I'm staying up.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:30 am

Rspaight wrote:I don't understand how the exit polls were so far off. In Ohio, they showed a Kerry win -- check it for yourself at the CNN site. They were much closer in Florida. Either they suck, or we've been Diebolded.

The discrepancy between exit polls and the FLA result sure does make you think voting machine hijinks.