$1 Million James Randi Challenge offered to golden ears

From Edison cylinders to pre-amps to ProTools: talk about it here.
Dob

Postby Dob » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:24 pm

It might have been crosstalk or leakage in the board. I've noticed that if I have a CD playing, but my receiver is set to a different input, I can still faintly hear the CD if I crank the volume. Maybe while YCAGWYW was being mixed, someone accidentally started a tape machine which had MR threaded up, noticed that the machine was running, then quickly switched it off...and the noise was either never caught or caught too late.

This would be a good question for someone with the initials SH.
Dob
-------------------
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance" -- HL Mencken

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:41 pm

Update: Randi has opened fire on John Atkinson & Stereophile -- and SH's beloved Hallograph -- with all guns:

http://www.randi.org/jr/120304youve.html#2
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:24 pm

Damn. Now I have to try these "Bybee Quantum Purifiers." According to Stereophile, they're even better than the Hallograph! And apparently, they cause some sort of "slipstream" effect on the electrons that pass through them. Cool! Maybe a wormhole to an alternate dimension will open up as I'm listening, and an official mono Revolver CD will pop out from Earth-S.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney