Audio thread on sh.tv and the banning of Pioneer

From Edison cylinders to pre-amps to ProTools: talk about it here.
User avatar
Xenu
Sellout
Posts: 2209
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:15 pm

Audio thread on sh.tv and the banning of Pioneer

Postby Xenu » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:20 pm

I'm sure I missed something amazing. Anybody catch it?

-D
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

User avatar
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby lukpac » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:38 pm

Not me.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

User avatar
Leppo
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Draggin' The Line

Postby Leppo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:08 am

No. Can you elaborate?
"I dig snow and rain and the bright sunshine." - TJ

User avatar
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby lukpac » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:12 am

Well...the last I looked, he's banned...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

User avatar
Xenu
Sellout
Posts: 2209
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:15 pm

Postby Xenu » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:14 am

lukpac wrote:Well...the last I looked, he's banned...


There were some fascinating, additional posts on the "vinyl! cd! seventeenth time around with everyone involved attempting to get the thread pulled at every opportunity" thread. I saw them earlier in the day--what can I say, a long, boring day of office work is interrupting my Sckott-imposed exile--but by the time I had a chance to read 'em, they were gone, and Pioneer was newly banned.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

User avatar
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby lukpac » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:26 am

I must have missed all of that.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

User avatar
krabapple
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:19 pm

Postby krabapple » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:36 am

AFAIR, Hoffman wrote that people were 'on his a$$' to close the thread (who, pray tell?) and added a rather bitchy note suggesting that Pioneer stop wasting his employer's time with all his posting.

Hoffman's post is still there, but the bitchy part has been edited out. Xenu, do you remember anything about the fascinating deleted posts?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

User avatar
Xenu
Sellout
Posts: 2209
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:15 pm

Postby Xenu » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:04 am

krabapple wrote:AFAIR, Hoffman wrote that people were 'on his a$$' to close the thread (who, pray tell?) and added a rather bitchy note suggesting that Pioneer stop wasting his employer's time with all his posting.

Hoffman's post is still there, but the bitchy part has been edited out. Xenu, do you remember anything about the fascinating deleted posts?


IIRC, it was some now-excised argumentation between Lee and Pioneer. I was curious to read it, because...well, such things are often fascinating. I guess it got a bit snippy?
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

User avatar
krabapple
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:19 pm

Postby krabapple » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:07 am

Xenu wrote:
krabapple wrote:AFAIR, Hoffman wrote that people were 'on his a$$' to close the thread (who, pray tell?) and added a rather bitchy note suggesting that Pioneer stop wasting his employer's time with all his posting.

Hoffman's post is still there, but the bitchy part has been edited out. Xenu, do you remember anything about the fascinating deleted posts?


IIRC, it was some now-excised argumentation between Lee and Pioneer. I was curious to read it, because...well, such things are often fascinating. I guess it got a bit snippy?


You sure about that? I thought Pioneer's last post was the one still showing there. But Friday was a along time ago...I wasn't paying much attention after Hoffman's post.

I see Lee hasn't been banned. How strange.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

User avatar
Crummy Old Label Avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Out of my fucking mind

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:07 pm

LOL.

"Please shut down the thread, Steve! I can't bear to read things that I disagree with, and I'm unable to stop looking at a thread I don't like! For the love of god, shut it down and ban that heretic! Won't someone PLEASE think of the ignorant subjectivists and the scientifically challenged???!

Ha. I had been wondering if Pioneer was actually krabapple.

Plus, it's fairly obvious by now that Lee S can shit in Hoffman's mouth and still not be banned. Hoffman's such a great guy; he'll do anything for a donor, won't he?
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Postby Jeff » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:11 pm

I still want Ben the Horse to pull a Christopher Reeve on LeeS. Fuckface...

User avatar
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout
Posts: 4585
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby lukpac » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Time to move it to SC.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

User avatar
Jeff
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Postby Jeff » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:23 pm

lukpac wrote:Time to move it to SC.


Southern California? :?

User avatar
Crummy Old Label Avatar
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Out of my fucking mind

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:27 pm

Time [...] move [...] SC


Sellout Central?
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

User avatar
krabapple
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:19 pm

Postby krabapple » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Jeff wrote:
lukpac wrote:Time to move it to SC.


Southern California? :?


A beach house? Count me in! :P
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant