AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

From Edison cylinders to pre-amps to ProTools: talk about it here.
krabapple

Postby krabapple » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:44 pm

Xenu wrote:I feel so dirty.

just put your lips together and BLOW.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:15 pm

krabapple wrote:Believe it or not John Atkinson makes an argument that bears some relationship to this idea, in his editorial this month in Stereophile -- the second in two months that inveighs against blind testing as being useless for audio. Pathetic.

And, believe it or not, that is the very article that no less an authority than Lee S. linked to in order to "strengthen" his argument on the latest SHtv jitter train wreck thread.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:21 pm

I get the feeling that John Atkinson is like Brian O'Blivion in Videodrome. He's been dead for several years, but there is an enormous hard drive full of his nonsensical ramblings and they're dribbled out for public consumption whenever the need arises. All his editors have to do is change certain keywords to reflect the latest technological advances (like Ipods).

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:28 pm

Ess Ay Cee Dee wrote:I get the feeling that John Atkinson is like Brian O'Blivion in Videodrome. He's been dead for several years, but there is an enormous hard drive full of his nonsensical ramblings and they're dribbled out for public consumption whenever the need arises. All his editors have to do is change certain keywords to reflect the latest technological advances (like Ipods).

By the same token, he may also be Landru
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:52 pm

Ess Ay Cee Dee wrote:I get the feeling that John Atkinson is like Brian O'Blivion in Videodrome.

Long live the horseflesh.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:42 pm

Whistling therapy AND a tireless promoter of gay marriage. Those are good hobbies.

However, I fear that the whistling therapy talk is going to indirectly give gay marriage a bad name in the eyes of the general public.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central