Exactaudiocopy alternative for Linux?

From Edison cylinders to pre-amps to ProTools: talk about it here.
Andreas

Exactaudiocopy alternative for Linux?

Postby Andreas » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:13 am

Any ideas? I am planning to install Linux on my new PC...is anyone of you familiar with a reliable CD ripping program for Linux?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:54 am

The "lossless binary newsgroups" thread below has a lot of discussion of EAC vs. cdparanoia, which is considered to be the best bet for non-Windows ripping. The consensus seems to be that EAC is still more reliable on modern cached drives.

However, you should be able to run EAC through wine:

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?ver ... tingId=990

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:02 am

Thanks,

I read about cdrparanoia, but I haven't found anything like the "secure mode" of EAC. Will EAC through wine on linux give the same reliable results as under actual Windows?

I am so used to EAC now that I'd really prefer to stay with it.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:24 am

Will EAC through wine on linux give the same reliable results as under actual Windows?

I'm not sure, but I've been led to believe it does. I haven't messed with Linux in years, though. Perhaps we could draft Luke as a guinea pig.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 am

Rspaight wrote:I'm not sure, but I've been led to believe it does. I haven't messed with Linux in years, though. Perhaps we could draft Luke as a guinea pig.

Perhaps...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD