Shure Discontinues V15

From Edison cylinders to pre-amps to ProTools: talk about it here.
Rspaight

Shure Discontinues V15

Postby Rspaight » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:37 pm

Statement Regarding Discontinuation of the V15VxMR

We regretfully announce discontinuation of our legendary V15VxMR audiophile phonograph cartridge due to scarcity of exotic materials essential in the manufacturing of the VN5xMR stylus. These materials are increasingly difficult and costly to obtain, and substitutions of those materials would compromise the performance standards expected of the V15VxMR.

In keeping with the tradition of the Shure phono line, we attempt to provide replacement styli for at least five years after a cartridge model is discontinued. This V15VxMR cartridge must be discontinued immediately so that remaining VN5xMR styli can be placed into our replacement parts inventory.

We strive to continue offering innovative audio products that provide outstanding performance and value, and apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:06 pm

Damn. Even thought I haven't fired up my TT/V15VxMR combo in a year or three, I wonder if I shoudl get meself a spare stylus...if only to help resale value.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:19 pm

I'm wondering the same thing...

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney