Gerry & the Pacemakers Razor & Tie Reissue

Want to review the latest CD reissue? Or a 30 year old LP you just picked up? Discuss it all here.
Ron

Gerry & the Pacemakers Razor & Tie Reissue

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:51 am

Weighing in at only 16 tunes, this decidedly lightweight affair is still 10 tracks too long. But if you've got to have the hits, this is the collection to get as the tonmeister really did do a bang up job. Too bad he'll never be given a chance to get his paws on two even better known George Martin & Ron Richards-produced groups.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:22 pm

Little River Band and The Paramounts?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Ron

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:00 pm

No, no, no. Two other, even more well-known groups than those. Sheesh. If I'd known it was going to be so tough to get the correct answer I would have posted this elsewhere where the membership is quite a bit larger and a good deal more knowledgeable.

But all laughter aside, this Razor & Tie reissue really *does* sound great. The vocals, however, are too upfront to my tastes, but I imagine that's how the originals were mixed.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester