The Kids Are Alright DVD

Want to review the latest CD reissue? Or a 30 year old LP you just picked up? Discuss it all here.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:40 am

Something which apparently I didn't mention here...

They did something strange to AQOWHA (at least). IIRC, the pitch matches what's on the soundtrack CD, but the tempo is slower. I have *no* idea why they would need to do anything other than a simple vari-speed (if even that), but something is certainly fishy.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:03 pm

It sounds to me like they edit to the Rock 'n Roll Circus version.

Oooh, goodie, I forgot: I have to AB the two TKAA I own (including Fang's treasured Polydor version, which is a piece of distorted shit).
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:52 pm

What? Unless I'm mistaken, the versions on TKAA (movie and soundtrack) and R&R Circus (haven't seen the movie, but I have the soundtrack) are the same, mix differences aside.

Now, the parts from the box set are a different take...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:07 am

Right, right. What I meant was that it seemed as if the audio from TKAA DVD is synched to the R&R Circus soundtrack CD version...i.e. oh who the fuck am I kidding. I can't prove it. I don't know. That's just what I sounded like. Same version, different mix.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911