Deep Purple 'Burn' remaster

Want to review the latest CD reissue? Or a 30 year old LP you just picked up? Discuss it all here.
Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:51 pm

nt
Last edited by Ess Ay Cee Dee on Mon May 02, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:30 pm

Fuck this shite.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:29 pm

And if I had to choose one version of the live Japan concerts, it would be Mew's 3 CD Live In Japan set over the DCC Made In Japan (which, IMO, is one of SH's most overrated remasters).

And if you don't want to plunk down the major cash for that 3-disc set, then the smaller, 2-disc anniversary set of Made in Japan also rocks hard. If I had to describe the performances in a single word, it would be "incindiary."
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:45 pm

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I've never been that fond of MiJ. I do like the AF DP disc, as well as the recent Morse-era live DVDs.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:47 pm

"Child in Time" and "strange Kind of Woman" and "Lazy" and the NON DRUM SOLO part of 'The Mule" make that album great for me.
Also, Gillan's inhuman call-and-response bit right before Lazy, and the funny 'can we have everything louder than everything else?" request

"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

balthazar

MiJ

Postby balthazar » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:46 am

krabapple wrote:"Child in Time" and "strange Kind of Woman" and "Lazy" and the NON DRUM SOLO part of 'The Mule" make that album great for me.
Also, Gillan's inhuman call-and-response bit right before Lazy, and the funny 'can we have everything louder than everything else?" request.

"Inhuman" is probably the best way to describe it.

Disc two of the anniversary release also features "Black Night" "Speed King" and a cover of Little Richard's "Lucille." "Speed King" sounds almost like it's about to fall apart at any moment. "Lucille" is pretty interesting for what it is, but is nonetheless pretty entertaining. "Black Night" though is probably one of the best tracks on the album. Compared to this live version, the original studio version is not only tame, but downright sedate.
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice