John Lennon's Rock 'N' Roll remaster..

Want to review the latest CD reissue? Or a 30 year old LP you just picked up? Discuss it all here.
Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

John Lennon's Rock 'N' Roll remaster..

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:42 pm

I received this today, and so far it is pretty good. It was remixed (just like the recent "Mind Games" CD remaster) and I am noticing things that were buried in the original mix. The remaster comes out in the US next month, I believe around the same time as the "Acoustic" CD.
-Matt

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:26 am

I downloaded it today (eeek!) I'm not terribly familiar with the original, but I am liking it. It's a bit strident, like some of the other Lennon remixes, but the general lack of high-end isn't out of character with this material.

"Stand By Me" sounds *very* different offhand, for some reason.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:35 am

Honestly, to me it seems the vocals are actually mixed less harsh than the original CD (they always sounded saturated to me). On this release it seems the music and vocals are more evenly mixed. To be critical, overall it does sound a tad bit loud and not overly dynamic. Then again, who knows how great the original tapes are? Honestly, it really is much better than the original CD and very listenable.
-Matt

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:36 pm

Indeed. I'm now almost tempted to buy this.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:02 pm

Is this import only right now?
Craig

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:12 pm

Beatlesfan03 wrote:Is this import only right now?

Yes. It took less than a week to get mine from http://www.amazon.co.uk (standard air mail - I'm on the east coast).

I am sure this is identical to the one being released next month here. I have a feeling that this release may be posted to some of the usenet lossless binary newsgroups soon.
-Matt