Dan Castellaneta I am not Homer

Want to review the latest CD reissue? Or a 30 year old LP you just picked up? Discuss it all here.
Patrick M

Dan Castellaneta I am not Homer

Postby Patrick M » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:22 pm

SUCKS!

Did I make that clear enough?

Do not buy this disc.
Do not buy this disc.
Do not buy this disc.

Seriously, I picked this up for about $6, and I could barely make it through one listening. This guy does a bunch of voices on the Simpsons, and it has a quote from Matt Groening on the back saying, "Man, this guy is funny!" but, in fact, this disc is awful. It is done in an improv skit style with his wife, and it really could have used some editing. Actually, it could have used a lot of things, like better writing. On the last track, he does a bunch of Simpsons voices 'in the studio' while Homer is recording a song. Seems like a decent premise, but it's still fairly lame, and can't save this entirely crappy CD.

I just sold my copy to SecondSpin. Good riddance.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:09 pm

D'oh. I haven't heard of this one. What is it, exactly?

I was just listening to Songs In The Key of Springfield andGo Simpsonic, as a matter of fact. The Simpsons Insider The Actor's Studio is on the TiVo I believe.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:38 pm

lukpac wrote:D'oh. I haven't heard of this one. What is it, exactly?
It's Dan and his wife trying to be funny in a series of skits that needed a lot of work and better editing. It comes off sounding like something from a bad high school A/V club.
I was just listening to Songs In The Key of Springfield andGo Simpsonic, as a matter of fact. The Simpsons Insider The Actor's Studio is on the TiVo I believe.

You have a TiVo? What are you, a wealthy white dude? What model beamer do you have?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:46 pm

Patrick M wrote:You have a TiVo?

Series 2, actually.

What are you, a wealthy white dude?

Kind of.

What model beamer do you have?

'88 Toyota Camry