THE BEATLES – THE SGT. PEPPER COMPANION 4REEL SPECIAL ETD.

For discussion of those 'grey area' CDs
Jeff T.

THE BEATLES – THE SGT. PEPPER COMPANION 4REEL SPECIAL ETD.

Postby Jeff T. » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:18 am

Note: they always make it sound so spectacular and exciting. Like a "broadcast reel" is something special, when it really translates to "my VCR was having a good night on this day, and the cable was not really screwed up either". It would be more appealing if they could say "Original Production Master" was unearthed for this one!

NEW DVD – THE BEATLES – THE SGT. PEPPER COMPANION TOTL/ 4REEL SPECIAL EDITIONS:

THE SGT. PEPPER COMPANION NEW RELEASE:

Factory Pressing No CDR!

THE BEATLES

– THE SGT. PEPPER COMPANION

– DEFINITIVE MASTER EDITION!

– THIS DVD FOOTAGE CONTAINS

DEFINITVE MASTER EDITION OF:

-THE MAKING OF SGT PEPPER DOCUMENTARY

(EXTENDED VERSION – MASTER QUALITY DIGITIAL TRANSFER FROM SATILITE BROADCAST REEL)

-BEST EVER! REMASTERED PEPPER ERA VIDEOS:

STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER - PENNY LANE - A DAY IN A LIFE

-SGT. PEPPER ERA RELATED EXCERPTS FROM THE BEATLES ANTHOLOGY DIRECTORS CUT

-DTS MIX OF SGT PEPPER ALBUM!

-ALL SONGS PEPPER!

REMASTERED PEPPER ERA AUDIO OUTTAKES!

$30.00 is what this one is going for postage included. PP, MO, and Checks, Western Union are all accepted.

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:42 pm

Unless it's different mix, I've heard the DTS mix of Sgt. Pepper and it's nothing to write home about.
Craig

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Beatlesfan03 wrote:Unless it's different mix, I've heard the DTS mix of Sgt. Pepper and it's nothing to write home about.

of course it's an Ebbits / Spock frankenstein stitch job done at Fabulous Sound Labs :roll: , and not that 70s quad mix we've read about.

LesPaul666

Postby LesPaul666 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:53 am

DTS mix? I wonder this one was approached...Did they take the 4-track submixes and pan them to 5.1 channels, or try synching different mixes?

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:27 am

LesPaul666 wrote:DTS mix? I wonder this one was approached...Did they take the 4-track submixes and pan them to 5.1 channels, or try synching different mixes?

There are programs that will remove vocals, and/or isolate various parts with so-so effectiveness.

I believe that this was the method used here. Once you have worked the magic on the original songs, the tracks can be reassmebled with sometimes interesting results.

There is a White Album as well as Abbey Road 5.1 that have mades the rounds. I've heard none of them.