The Who Sell Out Deluxe Edition?

Discussion of CD reissues, including sound quality and track lists
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

The Who Sell Out Deluxe Edition?

Postby lukpac » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Let the speculation begin.

http://www.mattkent.co.uk/writing/?id=86

Just got back from a night out with my old buddy Andy Neill and got a sneak preview of the new version of The Who Sell Out that he's been working on. Sell Out has been a bit of an obsession with Andy but when I first heard that another version was being worked on I thought 'Does the world need yet another version of the album' but, after hearing it, yes, it does. Whatever has gone before forget it, this will knock your tiny little cotton socks off. Lots of new and previously unheard material has been unearthed and it's great, no other word for it. All set for an October release date to (naturally) tie in with The Who tour of the US and Japan I'm sure it'll be a great success.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:52 am

I flipped through Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere and came up with the below still unreleased tracks from the Sell Out era. I'm sure there is lots of alternate takes/mixes we haven't heard..

Our Love Was - early version recorded at Bradley's Barn in Nashville

Instrumental - No Title aka Sodding About

Bob Sings Soul - described as 'a joke piece featuring Bob Pridden's vocals'

Our Love Was - stereo remix with the alternate solo?

Shaking All Over - studio version from May '68

Great Shakes - this was on the JPN Then and Now bonus EP but it was sourced from a bootleg.

Now I'm A Farmer - 1968 studio version, backing track

Facts of Life, Toys - titles logged during the Who's For Tennis sessions. No idea what they are
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:36 am

There's a Who tour in October? I thought Pete was abstaining from large-scale Who activities (other than one-off shows) after he canned the covers album with T-Bone Burnett.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney