All the Roadrunning

Discussion of new CD releases
digital

All the Roadrunning

Postby digital » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:02 pm

All the Roadrunning

Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris

Ok, so its not exactly 'new', being a year or more old already - but it is so damned good as to not be missed by anyone! Its one of those CDs thats tough to get bored with. I've owned it for many months and play it regularly - really enjoying it each spin! If you don't currently own this recording, then I strongly encourage you to grab a copy ASAP! Have a listen here:

Click, then scroll down and click again to listen

Live DVD Disk

Cdnav.com
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary or ego depends on him not understanding it."

oxenholme

Postby oxenholme » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:39 pm

I'm giving it a try - just ordered it from amazon.co.uk...

Alexander Keith

Postby Alexander Keith » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:01 am

You will not be sorry. The CD and DVD are both very ice.
Barry

Jeff T.

Re: All the Roadrunning

Postby Jeff T. » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 am

I just listened to this the other night. I found it nice, ok, and a bit boring. Like they decided it would be good for their careers to do an album together, and it came out well. But the songs are not real standouts.

Mark Knopfler is an exceptional guitarist, and fine enough songwriter. But it just struck me as bland. And I still listen to the last Dire Straits album "on Every Street" which is amazing. It displays his guitar chops both blues and rock, and the songs are very strong, who would have expected that. But now 19 - 20 years on, this Roadrunning album sounds kinda dull imo.

I'll listen again, but I really expected stronger songs.