CD labeling software

Just what the name says.
Patrick M

CD labeling software

Postby Patrick M » Sat May 10, 2003 5:34 pm

Someone help.

I have a bunch of CDRs for which I have no artwork, but I want to make inserts (and maybe labels) for them.

I need software that:

1) will use CDDB to look up the title and tracklisting and then pre-fill the inserts
2) will run either under Win me or OS X
3) will somehow let me calibrate for my printer so the output prints the correct size

I have been using an old version of Jewel Case Creator, but it consistently prints a little bit big, and it makes it a royal PITA to go back over and over with a paper cutter and try to shoehorn the inserts in a jewel case.

Is there any labeling software for X?

Bonus question: what's a good way to label the spines of those slimline jewel cases?

Grant

Postby Grant » Mon May 12, 2003 2:50 am

I use Fellowes Mediaface II with Neato labels. It doesn't do CDDB, though.

The new Mediaface 4 sucks donkey dicks! I stick with the last two older versions.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon May 12, 2003 4:56 pm

I found something I am pretty happy with:

http://www.audiolabel.com/

-runs under Windows
-uses freedb, or CD.INI, or CD-TEXT to look up tracks
-will supposedly work with mp3 CDs (looking up the tags?); I haven't tried that yet
-prints at the CORRECT SIZE with no fiddling around
-is small and, for the most part, easy to use

The only thing I don't like is some of the limitations of how you can format text, and the fact that it forces you to use the # of tracks it finds. This is a problem for CDs that have a bunch of bogus tracks tacked on the end before you get to a bonus (or joke) track. Last night, for example, I printed an insert for the Hellecasters 2nd CD, and it forced me to list all 33 tracks on the insert, even though the last 18 or so before the final track are empty 5 second tracks.