Beatles Capitol Albums Officially on CD?

Just what the name says.
Rspaight

Beatles Capitol Albums Officially on CD?

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:26 pm

From Abbeyrd. Salt to taste.

Report: Capitol U.S. Beatle CD box coming in November

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update (7/12/04) A couple of points: First, the albums included in the box are still being worked out. "Early Beatles" is not a certainty (it was released very late in '64), and we're told "Beatles Story" may not be included at all. "Meet the Beatles," "The Beatles' Second Album" and "Beatles '65" are more likely -- and given the $50 list, would seem to make sense that it'll be a three CD set. A second source confirmed the details we printed, but hadn't heard it had been added to the schedule. So at this point, it may still be tentative. One other important point: The fact this box is being considered and apparently planned at all is a MAJOR reversal for the Beatles triumverate, who were very much against this set in past years. It seems that we'll see a "Let It Be" DVD in the future, but one can only wonder what else might be under consideration now that this U.S. Capitol CD wall may have fallen -- possibly the long-ago mentioned "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"? A major overhaul of the UK CDs? (We can dream, can't we??)

(7/10/04) Mark Nov. 16 on your calendar: That's the day, we're told, that a box set of the 1964 U.S. Capitol albums will be released on CD for the first time officially. (Released that year were "Meet the Beatles," "Something New," "The Beatles Story," "The Beatles' Second Album" and "Beatles '65," though we suspect the latter would be held for a 1965 box.)

Here's some details:

Each CD will be remastered using 24 bit.
Each cd will have the MONO and STEREO versions.
70 page Booklet.
50.00 list.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:41 pm

I've seen these rumors before. Could be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath on the mastering. And what versions/mixes are they going to use? The UK mixes? The US mixes? With or without Dave Dexter's "improvements"?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

seth

Postby seth » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:31 pm

Hopefully the US mixes, "with" the Dexterisms. But we also need the UK versions to be remastered....

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:44 pm

The US mixes *pre*-DDJ would be neat. But I have no use for the Capitol I Feel Fine, for example.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD