Holy Cow! It's Raining Big Pink

Just what the name says.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:27 pm

Honestly, I wasn't sure Ron. I know Patrick wasn't either...

Ron

Postby Ron » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:13 pm

"You guys have IQ's the size of a penis"--dunno exactly what it means but it's so stupid it makes me laugh. Here I was afraid that if I added too many your/you're misspellings I'd be too obvious and spoil all the fun. But seriously, guys, Sckott's "aviator"? Patirck, we still friends?

prix

Postby prix » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:00 pm

Ron wrote:"You guys have IQ's the size of a penis"--dunno exactly what it means but it's so stupid it makes me laugh. Here I was afraid that if I added too many your/you're misspellings I'd be too obvious and spoil all the fun. But seriously, guys, Sckott's "aviator"? Patirck, we still friends?

I don't know what your problem is, Ron, but your humor (if you can call it that) is not appreciated. It is ironic that you trample upon Patrick's posts when in reality it is yours that are tiresome to everyone. In fact, just about everything that I've seen from you on this board is infused with unintelligent use of sarcasm, school-yard humor, and pseudo-intellectual, back handed kissassmanship. I think you've been spending too much time with the smooth-skinned Asian boys, cocksucker! You're starting to think like them and act like them, like a Tasmanian pet owner who starts to RESEMBLE HIS FILTHY SEX DOGS!! Why don't you leave Luke, Patrick, Ed Bishop, and me alone?? Isn't it obvious that Luke is really trying hard to cultivate a serious forum as a public service to all of us? Instead of appreciating his efforts, you instead choose to take advantage of the freedom you are given to speak freely and spew hateful bile and subhuman stupidity! You can't even get your facts straight, much less quote me correctly! Isn't it interesting how you become overtly hostile when Patrick finally does us all the favor of openly correcting your hideous spelling errors? Rather than thank him for his observation, you attempt to divert attention from your moronic scribble by making a post that you considered to be funny. NEWS FLASH, ASSHOLE: Nobody’s laughing! Why don’t you go (and) buy your self a DICKtionary, salad breath?? I pity the Japanese community that has made the monumental mistake of employing you as a "teacher"! It is unfortunate that your incompetence must contribute to the downfall of the once great empire and economic power that you call home. I think I speak for the Lukpac community when I say that your brand of bullshit is not wanted here. Maybe you should try this garbage over at Steve’s and see where it gets you!?! In other words, kindly take your sexual frustration elsewhere, you GRIMACE GRABBING, SWORD SWALLOWING, GONAD GRAPPLING, FURIOUS, FIGHTING, FOREHEAD FUCKER!!!!!! And now you come off with this “I was just joking/are we still friends” crap! I think we all know who the ULTIMATE, BROWN-NOSING, LIMP-WRISTED PUSSY is now, RON!

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:03 pm

...mmm....smooth-skinned Asian boys.

I THINK I'M GONNA MAKE MYSELF SOME STIR-FRY!
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Ron

Postby Ron » Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:51 am

prix wrote:I don't know what your problem is, Ron, but your humor (if you can call it that) is not appreciated. It is ironic that you trample upon Patrick's posts when in reality it is yours that are tiresome to everyone. In fact, just about everything that I've seen from you on this board is infused with unintelligent use of sarcasm, school-yard humor, and pseudo-intellectual, back handed kissassmanship. I think you've been spending too much time with the smooth-skinned Asian boys, cocksucker! You're starting to think like them and act like them, like a Tasmanian pet owner who starts to RESEMBLE HIS FILTHY SEX DOGS!! Why don't you leave Luke, Patrick, Ed Bishop, and me alone?? Isn't it obvious that Luke is really trying hard to cultivate a serious forum as a public service to all of us? Instead of appreciating his efforts, you instead choose to take advantage of the freedom you are given to speak freely and spew hateful bile and subhuman stupidity! You can't even get your facts straight, much less quote me correctly! Isn't it interesting how you become overtly hostile when Patrick finally does us all the favor of openly correcting your hideous spelling errors? Rather than thank him for his observation, you attempt to divert attention from your moronic scribble by making a post that you considered to be funny. NEWS FLASH, ASSHOLE: Nobody’s laughing! Why don’t you go (and) buy your self a DICKtionary, salad breath?? I pity the Japanese community that has made the monumental mistake of employing you as a "teacher"! It is unfortunate that your incompetence must contribute to the downfall of the once great empire and economic power that you call home. I think I speak for the Lukpac community when I say that your brand of bullshit is not wanted here. Maybe you should try this garbage over at Steve’s and see where it gets you!?! In other words, kindly take your sexual frustration elsewhere, you GRIMACE GRABBING, SWORD SWALLOWING, GONAD GRAPPLING, FURIOUS, FIGHTING, FOREHEAD FUCKER!!!!!! And now you come off with this “I was just joking/are we still friends” crap! I think we all know who the ULTIMATE, BROWN-NOSING, LIMP-WRISTED PUSSY is now, RON!

I've sensed that for some time we have shared some sort of unspoken bond, you and I. I thought first it stemmed from having shared the same Grimace hand puppet [though I still can't get the damned thing to work properly]. But that you would care enough to take the time to set me straight, as you have, only goes to show that my suspicions were correct. I love ya, man.

In the meantime, I'm off for some stir fry!

Ron

Postby Ron » Sat May 03, 2003 7:33 pm

OK, where was I? Oh yeah, "Big Pink." Well, it's still raining Big Pink at Ron's house. The EMI Centennial vinyl edition won't arrive for another few weeks because I was too cheap to pay for air mail shipping, but the MoFi CD arrived. AND I picked up another Jap issue [EMI Japan]--as there's no obi I can't give an exact date, but albums thru "Cahoots" are pictured on the lyric sheet.]

I like this new [to me] 70's Jap issue better than the EMI/Toshiba from [probably] early 90's. I especially like the tighter bass, though some "shouted" vocal harmonies are a tad harsh. The Mofi is cool in some ways, not so cool in others. The bass seems much more prominent in the mix than the original--and it's kind of annoying. High hat/cymbals are [depending on the song] real thin and unnatural sounding. Vocals are smooth, but seem a little further back than the other issues I've got. I'd like to compare it to the recent remastered CD. Anybody got a copy I could "borrow"?

One last thought about the 70's copy: it really does sound good overall. In general, what generation tapes do subsidiaries of major companies get? Could EMI Japan have used the same tapes they sourced for the original 1968 release?