RCA Bowies

Just what the name says.
prix

Postby prix » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:38 am

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who prefers the Rykos to the RCAs, not taking the bonus tracks into consideration, is either not paying attention, listening on a boom box, or is deaf as a post.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:45 pm

Thank you.

Are you actively trying to get the same response here that you did at sh.tv, you hatrack hater?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:14 pm

I agree. What a highly inflammatory post. And upon further reflection, I'd say rather nonsensical as well.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:21 pm

BTW, how exactly did we determine that PMs aren't exactly "private?"
-------------

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:36 pm

Oh, and for those who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18548

I call this "Forum Despotism in G."
-------------

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:05 pm

I'm afraid, Xenu "O Great One" that that particular thread does not address the PM privacy issue. Other issues, yes. But privacy, no.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:29 am

It would be interesting to take a bunch of 'audiophiles' who have NOT read Mr. Hoffman's praise and description of the old RCAs , and let each listen to the RCA , the Ryko, and the Virgin reissues *without* knowing which is which, over a
prix-approved system. Then have them rate them, sound-wise. Then tell them which was which.

SHites read about a mastering that SH approves of , often one they GOT RID OF years ago, having decided THEN that it was bested by a subsequent remaster. Now, having read the words of SH, they bend heaven and earth to find a copy of that out-of-print disc...and lo and behold, IT SOUNDS BETTER TO THEM when they do find it. And they're *SURE* it's because the thing really is better. The possibility that they might have been influenced by what they read (called 'confirmation bias' in science), and the effort they expended and the expectation it may have fostered....nah, that can't be. And better yet, those who go through that but *STILL* prefer a later remaster...well, they either have TIN EARS or don't have GOOD ENOUGH STEREOS.

:roll: