Anthology audio?

Just what the name says.
Xenu
Sellout

Anthology audio?

Postby Xenu » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:23 pm

So, um...

Has anybody tried to rip the "important tracks"--I'm thinking stuff like ADITL, IATW, etc.--off of the two-channel track on the DVD? Shouldn't it be fairly easy to do this digitally, and then run it through a high-quality 48-->44.1 filter?

I ask because, well, I managed to screw up royally with Zappa's "Halloween," which pretty much convinced me to leave DVD audio ripping to the experts.

Anybody?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Patrick M

Re: Anthology audio?

Postby Patrick M » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:32 pm

Xenu wrote:I ask because, well, I managed to screw up royally with Zappa's "Halloween," which pretty much convinced me to leave DVD audio ripping to the experts.

How did you manage to screw it up?

I know this guy who's a toob expert...maybe he could help?

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:50 am

Well, I ripped the two channel audio from the disc using DVD Decrypter...and then, nothing. It's supposedly in 48khz, stereo raw PCM, but Cool Edit refused to read it. So I renamed the file to .raw, and kept trying different settings...all gave me wh ite noise. Bizarrely, exactly *one* setting gave me one channel of white noise and one channel of audio, but I couldn't for the life of me find the other channel. I think the byte offsets are all wonky. FWIW, BeSweet and others couldn't convert the audio either.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911