Toshiba-EMI to re-press Beatles on vinyl

Just what the name says.
mikenycLI

Postby mikenycLI » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:40 am

lukpac wrote:I think you're looking way too far into all of this, Mike.

Why are these LPs being issued? Because somebody thinks they can make some money off them. In terms of quality, etc, I think it's much more of a case of the record companies not knowing or caring, rather than some "plot" against the consumer.

Heck, I'm sure some people will think these LPs are the best thing since sliced bread, good or bad. Does that really matter to us? It's their $40, isn't it?

I didn't make a statement that "said", or inferred it was a "plot". In essence, I said it was business as usual by the Music Company AND the "Artists".

When this Crap continues to be perpetrated on the Consumer, it SHOULD matter to ALL of us! Maybe they would stop it, if someone cared a little more, about being treated like this.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:50 am

From Fremer via Hoffman:

The upcoming Beatles issues by Toshiba/EMI originally reported to be coming from analog sources, may not be, after all based on what our sources in Japan are telling us. We are trying to clarify this and will report to you as soon as we have confirmation one way or the other. In the meantime, caution is the operative word, as these will be expensive and the last digitally mastered series from Toshiba/EMI sounded awful! We apologize for the previous misinformation.

Looks like these'll be "big black CDs" after all. Big surprise.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

thomh

Postby thomh » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:00 pm

It has now been confirmed by Rick at Red Trumpet:

From our guy in Japan direct from EMI....

These LPs simply follow the original CD masters that had been pressed 11
years ago on the Odeon (not sure of spelling here) label.
Thom

mikenycLI

Postby mikenycLI » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:01 am

Thanks Rspaight and thomh !