Quadrophenia Question

Just what the name says.
Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:16 am

Makes no difference to me. EAC rip it is.

Do you have any CD-R brand preferences/hangups?

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:21 am

Not really. I rarely run into problems here. I use Imations almost exclusively with good results, although I've read stuff in CD-R forums claiming they are terrible. Go figure.

Mitsui is always nice :D
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:40 am

Cool. Assuming I get to my friend's place this weekend, I should have this ready next week. PM me your addy when you get a chance.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

krabapple

Re: Quadrophenia Question

Postby krabapple » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:05 pm

lukpac wrote:There's a popular theory that for the *original mix* of Quad, the MCA sucks, the MoFi is only marginally better/different, and that the Polydor is great. Well, I'd tend to agree on the first two counts, but the third is where my findings go astray.

My MCA and Polydor copies are *identical* - digitally, even. (Disclaimer - if memory serves, there's a one sample offset between the channels on one of the discs, like on the US and Canadian copies of Hoffman's Buddy Holly disc).

Digitally identical? Pfui! Don't bother us with your measurements. I bet one has WAY MORE JITTER than the other, anyway.

:wink: