Everybody line up to blow Andrew Sandoval

Just what the name says.
JWB

Re: Everybody line up to blow Andrew Sandoval

Postby JWB » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Just had another listen to the "arthur" deluxe edition and man, does it suck. People actually prefer these to PRT's?

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:14 pm

JWB wrote:And the compression...it's out of control. Blah. It's aggravating that nobody has the balls to call out Hersch & Sandoval.

JWB wrote:Just had another listen to the "arthur" deluxe edition and man, does it suck. People actually prefer these to PRT's?

Have you stated in that thread over these that you find these to sound more than a little bright or cold, etc.? Why don't you stand up and say what you feel to be the situation? Just a suggestion. If you know me, you'll know I generally speak my mind. Luke too, does not let too much BS slide. :lol:

Aren't the previous issues with bonus tracks known to be rather cold as well? Essentials, or Castle remasters?

I will eventually have a listen, but these new additions might end up on my server as "Bonus Tracks" only folders. I'm starting to do that, rip the albums complete, and then delete all common tracks from the folders retaining only the extras. I did this to the Moody Blues DEs, as well as many Monkees sets. Too many Monkees CD albums on my server felt weird.

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 pm

JWB wrote:Just had another listen to the "arthur" deluxe edition and man, does it suck. People actually prefer these to PRT's?
Not all people. I found the Kink Kontroversy deluxe edition so bad that I have given up on the deluxe editions as a whole and not bought any of the second three; maybe I try again next year.

JWB

Postby JWB » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm

"Which Deluxe Editions Are The Biggest Improvements?"

How about NONE, you dumb kool-aid drinking motherfuckers...

JWB

Postby JWB » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Sean Murdock wrote:Why is anyone fretting about "early" mono CDs, when the 2011 deluxes have gotten nothing but raves across the board?

Because the "early" CD's are infinitely better. Try listening to them, dumbass.