Did you'll see that ABBEY ROAD 5. mix from the multitracks?

Just what the name says.
Jeff T.

Did you'll see that ABBEY ROAD 5. mix from the multitracks?

Postby Jeff T. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 pm

That's right, I was over at the demon looking around for quad reels converted to DVD-As, and I found "Abbey Road" in a 5.0 mix. It turns out the tracks were extracked from the Rock Band game, sync'd up and mixed to 5.0 by Romanotrax.

Look for: Beatles - Abbey Road (5.0 mix from the multis) DVDA DTS Dolby if you are interested.

I grabbed it, but have not yet burned it to DVD-R. I've been too busy 24/7 getting all those quad 70s reel conversions, plus the quad master tapes that never got issued in quad.

Jeff T.

Re: Did you'll see that ABBEY ROAD 5. mix from the multitrac

Postby Jeff T. » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm

WOW, nobody thought this was news worthy enough to comment.

I thought that this was major news, and I look forward to sitting down with it and listening to the whole thing in one sitting. Get a different perspective on the album after all these years.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:55 pm

I grabbed the Rock Band extractions, but can't say I've paid attention to this...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:58 am

Five years ago this would have been major news I guess. Time marches on, and Beatles multitracks are just another batch of boot junk at this point I guess.

There might be more talk over at the Bootleg Zone forums, or maybe Quadraphonic Quad on this.

I kind of like to post here because it's a cozy quaint type place with corner sofa.

:lol:

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 am

I've been listening to this a bit more now with my reconditioned speakers.

I like how there are guitar and keyboard overdubs in rear speakers, often with everything else (other than those parts) in fronts. Nice sound quality. Those that like 5.1 or surround should grab this.

It's a good mix, all parts perfectly in sync. The last track "Her Majesty" has final chord in full.

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am

I wonder how I am going to get this DVD-A program to my server? Do I use an uncompressed ISO disc image? Or is there a way to rip the audio and get it compressed to lossless FLAC or something? I'm not sure.

But check out the alt back cover I am going to use (for Abbey Road Surround disc on server) when I work this out. The red lettering was used on the UK Apple Picture Disc from 1978. I knew I'd find a use for that back cover one day. I'd just air brush out that disclaimer at very bottom.
Attachments
abbey road back.jpg
abbey road back.jpg (202.96 KiB) Viewed 12039 times