Beatles Rock Band moggs

Just what the name says.
Lance Hall

Beatles Rock Band moggs

Postby Lance Hall » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Yay! The Rock Band moggs files are finally leaking out. :D

I downloaded some and then played them in Audacity (free audio program also) and they are really fun. A lot of the audio is submixes (ie. double-tracked vocals mixed together) though. The sound quality is excellent but prolly still not as good as the raw multitracks. I"m sure the Rock Band audio also have some reverb added since the raw multitracks are usually bone dry.

The only thing that sucks are where the Rock Band engineers faked new audio tracks through some variant of spectral editing.

Here are some mogg files someone posted:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c18e30afa64f8c53ab1eab3e9fa335ca86338326dc2270df

Luke, please delete the URL if it's not Kosher.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: Beatles Rock Band moggs

Postby lukpac » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:33 pm

I finally listened to A Hard Day's Night and Eight Days A Week the other day. Split vocals on AHDN - very cool.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Something is very nice...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Lance Hall

Postby Lance Hall » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm

As I expected homebrew remixes are being created and posted left and right and the Rock Band stems are being bootlegged as in.

What we really need is someone to take the time and clean up the stems, remove the mostly fake countins, restore the correct endings (even if faded), reverse the fake stem splitting, and put the correct solo bits back on their proper tracks. Also someone needs to combine the best of the Rock Band stems with what we have from Anthology, Love and Yellow Submarine 5.1 channels.

Then repackage the whole dang thing as proper Beatles multitracks.