David Bowie S/T Deluxe - A Question

Just what the name says.
Xenu
Sellout

David Bowie S/T Deluxe - A Question

Postby Xenu » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:33 am

Yo all,

So 'cuz I can't think of where else to ask this:

According to the press release for the upcoming David Bowie S/T deluxe edition (seriously: first Space Oddity, now this? I never thought I'd be catered to in quite this way), the mono mix of the album will be making its first appearance on CD:

David Bowie’s 1967 debut album for Decca finally receives the Deluxe Edition treatment. Disc One features the original stereo and mono mixes of the album stunningly remastered by Peter Mew and Tris Penna at Abbey Road Studios . This is the first time that the mono mix has been available in any format since the late '60s and is obviously the first time on CD. Disc Two features the singles, unreleased stereo mixes, the legendary unreleased single “London Bye Ta-Ta” and 5 Previously Unreleased tracks recorded for John Peel’s Top Gear programme in 1967. All in all, there are a total of 26 tracks appearing on CD for the very first time. Comes with sleeve notes by Tris Penna and Kevin Cann.

Thing is, I have an old Castle CD called "The Collection" that uses what sound to be mono mixes of some of those album tracks; they could be fold downs, but as other songs are true stereo, I have my doubts.

Does anybody else have this CD, and can confirm that these are the actual mono mixen?

Oh, and happy family avoidance day to y'all as well.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911