The Beagles album "Here Come the Beagles"

Just what the name says.
Jeff T.

The Beagles album "Here Come the Beagles"

Postby Jeff T. » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:27 am

Okay here's an obscure one for you music experts that do know it all.

A bootleg CD made the rounds 15 years ago titled "We're The Banana Splits" a 31 Track CD that had the 10 song album "The
Beagles" tacked on there as a bonus. The CD was needle drops and sounded overly de-noised to be kind.

The Beagles album I kind of like actually. Anyone here know it? Anyone ever owned it? I have the CD but I am not sure I have ever seen a copy of the LP. It must be rare as hens teeth.

AMG review below which assumes that CD is a legit reissue.

Album: Here Come the Beagles
Genre: Rock/Pop

Although this was kind of an exploitative album as the soundtrack to a cartoon by a group that didn't exist in real life, it's actually not bad mid-'60s pop/rock. Those involved in this creation remain something of a mystery, but they're not bad singers, often coming together in Beatlesque dual... [+] Expand

Although this was kind of an exploitative album as the soundtrack to a cartoon by a group that didn't exist in real life, it's actually not bad mid-'60s pop/rock. Those involved in this creation remain something of a mystery, but they're not bad singers, often coming together in Beatlesque dual harmonies, yet with a bit of a rougher and gutsier edge than you might expect. The playing is pretty competent period rock, with a Merseybeat-ish British Invasion tilt to some of the melodies but very American qualities to some of the production, particularly as it favors an integrated piano/organ/sax/rhythm guitar sound more than the guitar leads that were more prominent in many British bands. (And the brief sax solo on "I'd Join the Foreign Legion" is right out of Motown!) Even some of the cuts with rather kiddie-based lyrics, like "Humpty Dumpty," turn out to rave fairly hard. No, this isn't a major work, but it's a fun listen, and not something that would necessarily be enjoyed only by bubblegum enthusiasts. The entire album was included as a "bonus LP" on the CD reissue We're the Banana Splits/Here Come the Beagles, which also includes the Banana Splits album We're the Banana Splits and some non-LP cuts by the Banana Splits. That 1995 CD is hard to find, but it's probably easier to find than the rare original LP. ~ Richie Unterberger, All Music Guide [-]

no downloads have been found thus far
http://www.mp3.com/albums/24284/summary.html

Jeff T.

Re: The Beagles album "Here Come the Beagles"

Postby Jeff T. » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:42 am

Nobody cares. Boo hoo hoo..... :cry: