Revolution 1 - unedited 11:35 version

Just what the name says.
Chris M

Revolution 1 - unedited 11:35 version

Postby Chris M » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Note that this is a mp3. I don't think lossless versions have circlated. Sounds like it runs a little slow. Otherwise quality is excellent. Amazing to finally hear it after all these years but it probably won't be something I reach for too often.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... R0ozZUE9PQ
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: Revolution 1 - unedited 11:35 version

Postby lukpac » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:22 pm

"The download limit has been reached for this file. Please contact the sender and ask them to resend the file."
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:19 am

"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:46 am

Also on the usenet, alt.binaries.beatles.
-Matt

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 pm

This really wets my appetite for the 27 minute Helter Skelter... :roll:

FWIW, according to Lewisohn, there was only a single remix from take 20 (on 6/4/68), and it was taken away by John Lennon. Barrett's notes don't even have a tape number assigned, just "(MONO REMIX OF REVOLUTION TAKEN)". So this came from Lennon?

No, "Ok, I've had enough!"...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Tom Stroud

Postby Tom Stroud » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:07 pm

Speed corrected FLAC here. Riiiiiiiightt.

http://rapidshare.com/files/200628966/REV1TK20.flac

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:18 pm

lukpac wrote:This really wets my appetite for the 27 minute Helter Skelter... :roll:

FWIW, according to Lewisohn, there was only a single remix from take 20 (on 6/4/68), and it was taken away by John Lennon. Barrett's notes don't even have a tape number assigned, just "(MONO REMIX OF REVOLUTION TAKEN)". So this came from Lennon?

No, "Ok, I've had enough!"...

I think it does come from a tape John had at his house. Maybe the people that worked on the Lost Lennon Tapes made a copy..

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Am I the only one that has never understood Lewisohn's explanation of the beginning of the song?

Mark Lewisohn wrote:It began so soon after the previous take that Geoff Emerick, in punching the talkback button simultaneously with the start of the song, announced "Take 18" over John Lennon's vocal, the first take with vocals, in fact. John deliberately kept Emerick's words as part of the song and thus they appear on the album.

I've always heard it as something along with lines of "ah, take 2".

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:45 pm

For what it's worth, some kind soul posted the new 2 cd HMC Lennon box in alt.binaires.sounds.lossless.beatles.
-Matt

JWB

Postby JWB » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 pm

It's funny how people everywhere are questioning the authenticity of this track. I mean, how fucking stupid can you be?

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:26 pm

lukpac wrote:Am I the only one that has never understood Lewisohn's explanation of the beginning of the song?

Mark Lewisohn wrote:It began so soon after the previous take that Geoff Emerick, in punching the talkback button simultaneously with the start of the song, announced "Take 18" over John Lennon's vocal, the first take with vocals, in fact. John deliberately kept Emerick's words as part of the song and thus they appear on the album.

I've always heard it as something along with lines of "ah, take 2".

I can remember that Christmas morning in '68 me playing that side of the White Album, and hearing this odd version of the song....like it was yesterday. Isn't that such a great groove it settles into!