A couple Hendrix multitracks

Just what the name says.
Chris M

A couple Hendrix multitracks

Postby Chris M » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:08 am

I have no idea what the provenece of these are and all I have is the mp3 files. Not sure why there are only 6 tracks. The PH guitar track is a lot of fun.

EDIT: Looks like these are from Guitar Hero. I had no idea there were Hendrix tracks on GH. Just listened to WCM and there is something seriously wrong with the drum tracks.

Purple Haze San Diego 69
http://www.mediafire.com/?xw3nymjytnu

Wind Cries Mary studio
http://www.mediafire.com/?xymomqwzxvj
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: A couple Hendrix multitracks

Postby lukpac » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 am

Chris M wrote:EDIT: Looks like these are from Guitar Hero. I had no idea there were Hendrix tracks on GH. Just listened to WCM and there is something seriously wrong with the drum tracks.

It sounds like they attempted some type of processing to separate out the kit from the kick from the cymbals. It sounds ok enough all together, but pretty funny separated, as the drums were most likely recorded on one track.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Yes, it's Guitar Hero World Tour (the new GH with drums and vocals, which explains the attempt to separate the drums). They've also released "If 6 Was 9", "Little Wing" and "Fire (Live at Woodstock)" as downloadable content, so those should show up at some point.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Fuck. Little Wing multitracks :shock: I wonder if they will let it play past the fade. I've always wondered how much longer it went on.
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

LesPaul666

Postby LesPaul666 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Chris M wrote:Fuck. Little Wing multitracks :shock: I wonder if they will let it play past the fade. I've always wondered how much longer it went on.

Would be very cool to find out. 8)

That set of WCM tracks are the strangest I've ever heard. I guess this serves some kind of function in the video game?