Welcome To The Forum

Just what the name says.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Welcome To The Forum

Postby lukpac » Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:39 am

Most of the people reading this are probably new to the board. Welcome! This message is to let you know what this forum is about and what you can expect. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to e-mail me.

What is this board, anyway?
The main purpose of this board is to discuss all things music. My personal tastes in music favor '60s and '70s pop/rock, and while I can foresee that area being key to the board (it usually is in forums like this), it is by no means exclusive. Feel free to talk about music from all eras and genres.

So it's just about music?
No! While music is the prime motivation behind this board, it is by no means the only topic up for discussion. If there's something else you want to talk about, go right ahead. Just make sure it gets posted in the appropriate forum.

Is the forum moderated?
Yes. However, the main purpose of this is to keep out "trolls". Some other forums have a lot of restrictions on what you can and can't say. I'll try to avoid that as much as possible. I generally don't like personal attacks and will try to have users avoid them, but I also don't like heavy moderation. Some words of advice: If things are getting heated between you and another member, just try and ignore them. Just remember: sticks and stones...

Have you been doing this a long time?
If you mean engaging in online discussions, yes. I've been chatting about music (and other things) on the Internet for several years. If you mean running an online forum, no, this is my first shot at it. As such, don't be afraid to let me know if you have any suggestions or concerns about how things are running.

I think that's about it. Have fun!

Luke Pacholski