Unsing ebay for buying or just checking prices/availability

Just what the name says.
Jeff T.

Unsing ebay for buying or just checking prices/availability

Postby Jeff T. » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:56 pm

Has everyone else noticed that over the last year or 18 months ebay has become just about impossible to navigate?

The first time you put in a search into a music category you get some result fairly quickly. But when you go to look at a next page of that result, or sort by price or close date, it hangs almost forever.

Then if you decide to click on an item, it takes a while to load, or if you decide to go back to previous page, it hangs even longer. Then if you decide to go from a closed item, back to the closed item list it just goes to white screen and never returns to the list. You must start a search over again.

In other words, the deeper your search (particularly with closed items) the slower the site responds until it hangs and fails to move at all.

I think that the site it trying too hand to plant cookies into your puter, and log info about you into your date sheet at ebay, and plus all that suggestion stuff on the search line, it just is too much for DSL and a good PC with 2gs of RAM. Plus I don't think ebay liked sharing data about closed items. Like they would rather figure out a way to charge you a fee for that info. And if you must do searches of closed items and final prices, they make sure you get only a couple items before you are done for that session.

They have ruined the site with this super slow data exchange we do not need.

I noticed this over a years ago when I slowed down my sales. I got tired of it, but thought it might be my computer or phone line, etc. Now after over 12 months of seeing how it slows down to a crawl with each additional search, I have come to the conclusion that it is not just me and my 4 years old PCs. I won't even go there on my Mac as I like have a clean machine in the house never touched by their Java security tracking junk.

I wanted to pick up a missing King Biscuit comps, there is one "Best of" Vol. missing plus the later one with the Who 73 live WGFA track I need.

Ebay has been a nightmare for quite some time. Sellers in particular need to know what an item has sold for when they list items for sale. But you can't get around the search with any speed. How sad to see it just melt away into a bogged down freeze-up.

The stock is doing a bit worse this year than last too. Look at the 12 month slide of the stock price below in link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ebay

ebay is the only website that hangs my computer after 3 or 4 clicks of searches.

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:18 am

ebay stock is down to $18.94. That is one cent higher than the lowest it has ever been. Perhaps now they will realize that you can't jack up the fees and dress it up as not a raise in fees right during the second coming of the Great Depression.

Anyway, about the slow loading pages, I googled around and found others saying the same thing. It is called too much "code" is written into the pages. This is why they hang.

But most of the complaints are over the search changes. I am not sure what those changes are, but it really pissed off a lot of people.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:41 am

I haven't had any performance problems. I just don't like the new look, which seems to change every time I log in. Either leave "Worldwide" as the default, or let me easily check it, please.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD