Who obsessiveness - Amazing Journey CD/LP

Just what the name says.
Rspaight

Who obsessiveness - Amazing Journey CD/LP

Postby Rspaight » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 am

It looks like Best Buy has some sort of exclusive CD tied into the Amazing Journey DVD documentary from last year. It doesn't appear to have anything unreleased on it, but the track list is charmingly odd, including "Leaving Here," "Tea and Theater," and the Concert for NYC version of "Won't Get Fooled Again."

What caught my attention while trawling the shelves at Beest Buy last night is that there's a ($14) double LP version of this thing. Kind of a cool tie-in to the whole framing device of the documentary (you'll know what I mean if you've seen it).

No idea if there's anything notable about the sound, or if anything's unexpected beyond what I could glean from the outside packaging.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:06 pm

BEEST BUY!

I've not seen the documentary. Would you suggest I change this?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:55 am

Heh, I noticed the typo after I posted and decided to leave it.

It's enjoyable and worth watching for a fan. (My original mini-review is here.) It's kind of frustrating to see glimpses of stuff rather than full songs (or even concerts, Baba forbid), but for what it is, it's not bad at all.

The Beest Buy version with the 3rd bonus disc is a pretty good deal to boot, if you're into meatspace transactions as opposed to hardened criminal activity.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney