Allman Brothers - Live at the Atlanta Intl. Pop Festival Q

Just what the name says.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Allman Brothers - Live at the Atlanta Intl. Pop Festival Q

Postby lukpac » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:45 am

AMG claims the two sets presented here are "mostly" complete. Anyone know what's missing or edited? Disc 1 is just about full, but disc 2 has several minutes of free space...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Greg

Postby Greg » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Maybe some banter / tuning?

etree has a listing for 7/3/70 that predates the official release:
http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=7756

If I was a bettin' man, I'd say all the music (available) is intact.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Maybe I'll check it out. There seemed to be an implication in a comment that one or both of the Mountain Jams were edited.

It seems as if Johnny Winter's guitar is buried in the released mix as well. Perhaps it wasn't recorded properly?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Here's the comment...

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Atlanta-Inte ... B0000DG00B

One should also note, that the Mountain Jam w/ Winter also has been edited down, as the original running time is much longer (in the 40 min. range). How do I know this? Well, I have it, as do countless other traders. So people that have had the show should hold onto their Captain Skipper remaster.... but should get this release as well due to the stunning sound quality & packaging.