Paint It Black / Guitar Hero

Just what the name says.
Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:03 pm

The Hendrix tracks were officially confirmed a bit ago -- the live Purple Haze is from 1969, though I haven't seen anything more specific than that.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Tom Stroud

Postby Tom Stroud » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:54 am

Still no sign of an extracted PIB then....

JJF should be interesting. When did Olympic go 8 track? I had in my head that Satanic was 4 track, Beggars was 8 track. Sympathy is 8 track - right?

Jigsaw Puzzle outtakes ended up on that Satanic Sessions box. There aren't any other booted Beggars session tapes are there?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:45 am

Tom Stroud wrote:Still no sign of an extracted PIB then....

JJF should be interesting. When did Olympic go 8 track? I had in my head that Satanic was 4 track, Beggars was 8 track. Sympathy is 8 track - right?

I was able to find PIB, actually, but it seems as if it is just guitar/sitar and backing/vocal. I haven't listened with headphones yet, but there didn't seem to be any separation between the backing and vocal, for instance.

Not sure about Olympic. I've heard that they started using an 8-track experimentally around the time of Sympathy, but my guess is some of the earlier sessions are 4-track. I can't see how Sympathy could be anything other than 8-track.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:23 pm

lukpac wrote:BTW, it sounds like there *might* have been some cymbal work from Keith in the first half of the song that got mixed out. It would be interesting to hear the actual multis to see what was there. Seems like you can hear something on the acoustic guitar track in a couple of places.

Listening again, you can certainly hear the cymbal work in the first half of the song on the bass track.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Tom Stroud

Postby Tom Stroud » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:18 pm