Hendrix - Kiss the Sky CD - No NR

Just what the name says.
prof. stoned

Hendrix - Kiss the Sky CD - No NR

Postby prof. stoned » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi y'all,

I was wondering of anybody could provide me any details (matrix) on the CD's that do not have the Sonic Solutions Noise Reduction treatment.
I need the track Redhouse for a Stereo version of AYE that I'm creating at the moment. I will have to buy one of those CD's.

Of course, it would be even handier if someone could sent me a EAC ripped and flac'd copy of that track (hint!). Because apart from Stepping stone, I do not necessarily need this CD.

Thanks!

Menno

prof. stoned

Postby prof. stoned » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:20 am

Aw, please... Somebody knows the matrix codes for the right CD versions ?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:58 am

Wasn't the existence of such a disc in question?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

prof. stoned

Postby prof. stoned » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Not that I know. Do you have a link to anything relating to this ?
AFAIK, Gastwirt started using digital NR in 1987 (or 1988) and it was out on CD before that.
There is a japan target from 1984 for example, but that will be too expensive for me to invest into, with the target hype goin' on.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:16 pm

I might just be mixed up. I thought there was at least one disc where it was unclear if a pre-NR version ever existed.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

LesPaul666

Postby LesPaul666 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:11 pm

The only other version I know of that is *not* NR'd, is the Polydor WG(there may be a Japan clone, as well) silver/Red label issues. Not sure of the matrix, but I think that this one turned silver/black when it was remastered by Joe G. with the No-Noise.