CSNY May Document 2006 Tour on Live CD...

Just what the name says.
stevef

CSNY May Document 2006 Tour on Live CD...

Postby stevef » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:40 am

We've heard this before, and live CSNY albums never materialize from these guys.
Let's hope this time its a go, as last summer's CSNY performances were among their best in many years!

CSNY May Document 2006 Tour on Live CD
David Crosby says Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young are considering releasing a live album in the coming year featuring performances from the quartet's 2006 tour. "I've been listening to the tracks, and they are good," the singer-songwriter writes. "[Having new material to perform] really made a difference, man, because once we mastered it and we could deliver it, it made us believe in ourselves again." The collection likely would be packaged with a documentary Neil Young is making about the trek.

from the 4 WaySite--

CSNY Live DVD/CD in 2007?
2006 | December 24 | 4waysite.com

With 2007 right around the corner we are thrilled to announce the long-awaited Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young live album may finally appear in 2007. David Crosby says that all four artists are listening to tapes from the quartet's summer tour and are beginning to make choices about what to include in the package.
David Crosby: "I've been listening to the tracks, and they are good. And I think there will be a CSNY live CD. I think it will be from the last tour, because that was when we finally got the right bass player and drummer, and that was when we finally had some new material. And the new material really made a difference, man, because once we mastered it and we could deliver it, it made us believe in ourselves again."
The new material Crosby refers to hailed from Neil Young's heavily political album Living With War, which he released before the tour and is re-releasing Tuesday (December 19th) as Living With War/In the Beginning, featuring raw and demo versions of the songs.

Young is also putting together a documentary film from this year's tour, which is expected to accompany the live CD release.