Did Everybody Pay Their Dues

Just what the name says.
Xenu
Sellout

Did Everybody Pay Their Dues

Postby Xenu » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:01 pm

So I was recently listening to this track via JWB's excellent "Unsurpassed Masters" compilation set. I've only done a bit of cursory looking around, but what exactly *is* the background to this track? Is sounds awfully...well, finished for a Stones outtake, especially one which was reused. Am I incorrect in assuming that some of those overdubs (most specifically, the guitar) were done later for potential release on "Necrophilia?"
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

JWB

Postby JWB » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:24 am

What guitar are you referring to? I don't hear any extra instrumentation that isn't on Street Fighting Man.

I always assumed that the backing of "Dues" was bounced to another tape to make room for the new "Street Fighting" vocals, and that "Necrophilia" was a remix of the original "Dues" tape. And I definitely think that "Dues" was mixed for "Necrophilia" because it is mixed in a poor, fake stereo fashion like everything else on that LP. "Dues" is true stereo but there is a hell of a lot of rechanneling going on with the backing track..it sounds like horse shit.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:49 pm

I thought I heard an extra guitar track I didn't recognize. Lemme get back to you on that.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911