The Zombies - I Want You Back Again Stereo/Mono

Just what the name says.
wasakithis

The Zombies - I Want You Back Again Stereo/Mono

Postby wasakithis » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:22 pm

Hi. I'm new. Hi again.

Ayways, I was wondering if someone was familiar with I Want You Back Again by the Zombies. The stereo and mono mixes I have sound extremely different. (mostly the guitar and keyboard...). I was wondering if this was because it could be a different take (it seems to me that a couple of alt. mixes were released...). The reason I ask is cause I was wondering if the way it sounds on the mono mix is available in stereo. Thx.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:57 am

Oooh. Y'know, offhand, I'm pretty sure there *are* two versions. Lemme check.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

JWB

Postby JWB » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:14 pm

There are indeed two versions and they're both available in glorious stereo on "The Decca Stereo Anthology".

wasakithis

Postby wasakithis » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:04 pm

thanks. i'll have to search about now :D

JWB

Postby JWB » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:55 pm

"The Decca Stereo Anthology" is a magnificent collection. All of the Zombies Decca multi-tracks were preserved and this 2-CD set remixes all of the Decca master takes into stereo. The remixing and mastering is excellent, IMO. There is an occasional count-in or false start to make things interestng. The only controversial thing about the set is that they added new overdubs to two songs that were missing from the mutli-tracks: the extra snare drum in "She's Not There" (which sounds just like the original) and the tambourine in "Is This The Dream" (which sucks and sounds nothing like the original).

barrympls

Postby barrympls » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:16 am

JWB wrote:"The Decca Stereo Anthology" is a magnificent collection. All of the Zombies Decca multi-tracks were preserved and this 2-CD set remixes all of the Decca master takes into stereo. The remixing and mastering is excellent, IMO. There is an occasional count-in or false start to make things interestng. The only controversial thing about the set is that they added new overdubs to two songs that were missing from the mutli-tracks: the extra snare drum in "She's Not There" (which sounds just like the original) and the tambourine in "Is This The Dream" (which sucks and sounds nothing like the original).

Considering that the UK hasn't the best overall history of stereo remixing, you got to give Ace/Big Beat credit for assembling this one-of-a-kind definitive Zombies collection.

They were very straight forward and honest about those two custom overdubs....and this is really the final chapter on The Zombies on Decca.

NOW.......................if they do the same with
THE ANIMALS
THE NASHVILLE TEENS
UNIT FOUR PLUS TWO
THE MOODY BLUES (Denny Laine, era)

I would be a happy camper.

wasakithis

Postby wasakithis » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 pm

The Animals in stereo would be too big of an orgasm to be done I think... Just imagining House Of The Rising Sun in stereo brings tears... Wow... I dont think those were recorded in stereo though, I have a best-of which is in false-stereo which is not a good sign...